Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ive been trying to get rid of my Mexican strat but nobody seems to want to buy it. I did however recieve an offer for a trade. The guitar being offered is an Ibanez MTM20-wh. The owner replaced the stock IBZ active pups for EMG 81/85. Now, im thinking about taking him up on his offer. I would first buy a neck illusions inlay decal for the neck to cover up the stupid SEVEN inlay, i then might replace the pickups for something passive from Dimarzio....either EVO pickups, Crunch Lab/Air Norton, or something else idk. It could be cool, but it could also be something i get and trade right away. Oh well, the mexican neds to go and as much as i would like cash, nobody is buying.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
You are obviously not happy with your mexi strat so why not. The MTM20-wh sounds like an interesting guitar with the fixed double locking bridge. the factory tuning is low with thicker strings so you may have to do a set up if you change string gauges. I wouldn't change the EMG's until you give them a chance - lots of guys love the EMG 81/85 combo. Let us know how you like it if you make the trade.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I've never played the MTM20, i'd personally keep the mexi strat, but you seem to want to get rid of it so i say why not? if you end up not liking the MTM you can always sell it or trade it, is not like you were digging your strat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts