Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a Xiphos 7 string with a very colorful PAW swirl theme that I'm working on.This took some time just to figure out what I was going to swirl it in because of the size. When it's down it will be the first neckthrough swirl I've ever down. This is going to be called the Xenoverse. It will be the world's first Xenoverse. I understand that not everyone is going to like the loud colors but to each his own.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
That is literally the nicest swirl I've ever seen. I mean that. It is number 1 for me. Top of my list.

I sure wish I had one just like it.

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
WOW--that's really nice!

FYI, for all of you that don't know this....cough...cough.....LP....lol: to see a member's homepage, if they have one--click their username, then click their homepage link from the dropdown box.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
O, that's Scott's guitar he's the one that can up with the Xenoverse name. Your more than welcome to check it out though. I started clearing it yesterday, it's a very awkward guitar to clear, heavy. The binding on the headstock was a royal pain to line of too.

·
Registered
5,791 Posts
Looks really nice. Glad to see you're making such good progress with paint coverage. This one reminds me a lot of Out Of This Swirled with the very opaque, very well defined bands of color.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks guys, I will post some more pics of the progress as we go if you all would like. The fellow who is having me do it wanted to have the most pink then green, yellow, and a touch of black and color dominance is never easy to nail. Luckily I had an old Ibanez X Series Destroyer body I had been sitting on for a year and a half. The body is the small size as the Xiphos and helped to give me a better idea of what I was working. It also gave me a whirl at the color dominance before I took the dive. Even though I still like this one it's much greener and that wasn't what I was after. Here it is excuse the bad artificial light it looks much better in the sunlight

1 - 20 of 47 Posts