Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I recently got a 1992 PGM 300. I actualy had difficulty finding one in good shape, but after some months, this one crossed by. I has that cool (at least to me) white fading into yellowish cream color....

I took her apart to reajust and to clean, and I came across some questions regarding the stamps that it has on the neck and pocket joint.

The neck is stamped with a red "D" and it says PGM 800 (instead of 300). And the body cavity is stamped with "UPGM 300" and with a "D" in red.

Could anyone tell me what does that red "D" mean and if other Ibanez from that period also have it? And also, why does it have stamped PGM 800 when it is a PGM 300 neck??

Thanks for your help :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, just realized I posted in the wrong place. I am sorry. Is there a chance to move this to the correct section? Sorry for the inconvenience

·
Registered
295 Posts
First off, congrats on your purchase mate :) That's a fine guitar and once I got my head around the "f" graphics on the body, I dig it and really wanna jam it :D

Sounds to me like the previous owner had the neck replaced. Perhaps the original 300 neck got damaged in some way? It could be any number of factors to prompt that move... Unfortunately I don't have an Ibby from the early 90's to confirm what the lettering on the neck and/or body means...

What pickups does she have? Stock or aftermarket?

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
First off, congrats on your purchase mate :) That's a fine guitar and once I got my head around the "f" graphics on the body, I dig it and really wanna jam it :D

Sounds to me like the previous owner had the neck replaced. Perhaps the original 300 neck got damaged in some way? It could be any number of factors to prompt that move... Unfortunately I don't have an Ibby from the early 90's to confirm what the lettering on the neck and/or body means...

What pickups does she have? Stock or aftermarket?
the 800 has rosewood and a black headstock though, maybe they just got the 3 and 8 stamp mixed up??

·
Registered
834 Posts
Looks like a pretty normal PGM300 to me... The neck is a 300 for sure, note the small dots at the 12th and 24th fret ehich are characteristic of the model.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts