Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering buying an old Ibanez PGM100.
Now the tricky thing is that the owner lives a good 2 hour trip from where i live, does not know a thing about this guitar and isn't able to e-mail me any pictures of it.
The one picture i have seen shows nothing unusual, but when i asked for the serial he simply couldn't find any.
My old RG770DXRR has got the printed/painted headstockl serial and that is a '91 model
So my question is: Is it possible that a PGM100 could have been marked with a serial number sticker rather than a printed/painted one?
Is there any other way to verify if this guitar i legitimate?

Best regards Simon Pedersen, Denmark :smile:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Välkommen till forumet Simon! :smile:

Is it possible that a PGM100 could have been marked with a serial number sticker rather than a printed/painted one?
The pgm 100 has the serialnumber stamped on the backside of the headstock as the other RG's made in early 1990, Mine has it. On the other side, everything is possible. If someone have sanded down the backside of the neck then maybe the serial number was sanded down to? But to be honest it all sounds a little suspect, feels like something is wrong if the seller can't provide pictures/or serialnumber. Have you considered this guitar may be stolen?

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
look on the internet, remember(or use your phone) and take a look at the guitar.

I love the pgm100 a lot! my first ibanez guitar

1 - 3 of 3 Posts