Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, im seriously looking into getting a PGM, real soon. The one im after firstly is a 500, without question. Im wondering the big differences between the PGM's, the ones im looking at are the 300, 301, 100Jb, and the 500. If at all possible could one of you knowledgeable Ibanez fellows help me out here, giving me info on all of these, and the major differences. Im preety much stuck on a 500, but all info is appreciated and helpfull. :)

Anyone know how much each of those go for these days generally?

Thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^Those are friggen beautiful! But there a little spendy, and a little too flashy for me. I like the 80's look of the 100Jb, Pink on Blue :).

Thanks for the link BTW, very helpfull.

·
Registered
527 Posts
The red hardtail 500 (I think) is the one that I kick myself daily for not picking up. Several years ago, it was sitting used at a music store for around 500....Damn!

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Tho i cant remember if its not wired, or its wired as a single... Paul wanted it there mainly for the Frampton / Frehley look :)

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
marianozz said:
So do I, desperatly... tho ill prolly just get an RG421... :(
Mariano, last year htere was a guy in La Plata selling his PGM500 for 900. May be you could track him down.

Now, you will probably say Im just showing off...... and its true!

But this is the best PGM ever (I put it next to a NOS PGM10, and the PGM10 isnt even close!.... though they make a nice couple, hence Im going to try to trade in somehitng for it and buy it!!!)

My custom PGM:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Well, as I said, there was one for sale in argentina last year. AS far as I know he couldnt sell it (he was asking 900 with case, and the guitar seemed to be in very good condition). Next month Im returning to argentina, if I come across the guitar, i will tell the guy to put it here in the classifieds.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
RCB said:
Well, as I said, there was one for sale in argentina last year. AS far as I know he couldnt sell it (he was asking 900 with case, and the guitar seemed to be in very good condition). Next month Im returning to argentina, if I come across the guitar, i will tell the guy to put it here in the classifieds.
Man, im more than "really, really very interested" in it... I wouldnt know where to start looking tho :/

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Well the guitar was listed in mercadolibre.com.ar a year or 2 ago. As far as I know he couldnt sell it. I dont know if mercadolibre has a way to search for ended auctions, but if they do, you could search it and then see if this guy is selling some other thing at the moment and contact him. Its a slim chance, but its the only one I can think about. I dont think he boughted in Mannys so there is no point in asking there.

Now, if you are willing to spend a little more money, there is the PGM10 or you can ask who owns the PGM90 they used to have. I you are into the PGM10.... I suggest you hurry up, because it wont be around to long once Im in argentina 8)

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
LOL... yeah, i figured ;)

I didnt know they had a 90, thatd be sweet too, thing is, only axe i would be willing to part with is the UV, and dont have 1000 bucks to put on top of it for the PGM... if it was a straight trade for a used one, or even adding (some) money, id do it, but not for 1000 bucks...

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Yeah they had a PGM90 a JPM90 and a couple of jem90s. THe jpm90 was great.

About the NOS PGM10.. they will probably ask for more than 1000USD on top of the UV.... (they are asking 2800 for it, may be 2500 if you pay cash).

I dont think they ll take the UV in for more than 1100-1300 (if you are lucky).

Look at the bright side, there are several interesting PGMs in argentina, the PGM500 will pop up again eventually.I though of buyin it when it was for sale, but I really dont like it that much.

There were also a couple of JPM100 P1 or P2, and several P3s and P4s. Wich I find more interesting than the PGM500. BTW, I sent you a pm

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.