Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a S520ex and it has all balck hardware. I found some good deals on chrome color pickuprings but they come from an RG570. I've seen alot of RG rings that are advertised to fit certain models of S type bodies but mine is not on the list. Any one ever try to swap these or know if they will fit??
Thanks!

·
Registered
623 Posts
If your rings are flat-bottom then I believe all you'd have to worry about is whether the holes line up. I've broken off toothpicks in the holes with superglue then redrilled to fit new rings, works great.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Were the pickup rings from different countries? Also what was the difference in the holes? Just spaced further or misaligned?

·
Registered
623 Posts
The seller never listed what model they were from, they were brushed nickel finish, one flat piece of metal cut to shape unlike my original rg570 cosmo rings which were stamped or cast to be hallow on the backside with slightly curved tops. The holes were close but not enough that some screws didn't want to go in at an angle. $10 for the pair and a good base for paint, couldn't pass them up, and in the end I had to make them work somehow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts