Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there fellow Ibby lovers.

I came across a very nice Pro Line 1770 pro in gold finish. Guitar is completely stock except for the screws in the locking nut. Electronics work perfectly. Finisch in very good condition, as are the frets. Comes without the hardshell case.

I'm trying to find the going price for a used PL1770, but I can't seem to find what they should be worth.
The owner is willing to trade is for one of my Charvels, a SuperStock SD-1 in orange sparkle.

What would you guys say, is that a good trade?
Hope you guys can help me out.

David

·
Registered
547 Posts
I wouldn't, but I like Charvels so if you're not getting along with yours then maybe it is worth the trade. I seriously doubt that the PL1770 is a better guitar irrespective of condition, it's just a lot older.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Hard to say what one is worth, but they go pretty high typically if they are in good shape. With that particular guitar you get the best of both worlds... the superb Roadstar neck and original Edge tremolo. The craftsmanship on those guitars is just fantastic. I have two old Roadstar II guitars and they play awesome, but if I were you I'd try it out before doing anything. You know how it is... 10 minutes of playing it and you'll know if it's a good deal or not! I love Charvels too and I'd do it in a heartbeat, but I've always wanted a Pro Line and like the feel of those old Roadstar necks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I'm a big Charvel enthousiast. But the feel of the SD-1 isn't that good. A have a Wildcard 7 which plays a lot better. But I notice it's hard to give a good estimate on the price of a PL1770. From what I've read about them, I should like them a lot, but I've never come across one before.
But when I read your reactions, a trade isn't that crazy value wise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.