Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Some dream! A left handed (proper) Jem suddenly seems like a sensible proposition :)

My advice is to work on the endorsement deal, it's the only way it's going to happen!

·
Ibanez V.I.P.
205 Posts
The Ibanez custom shop has been making 8 string guitars for past 4 years or so. The bolt on neck version of 8 string guitars are will be on display at 2006 NAMM. Thank you very much for your support on our products.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Tak Hosono said:
The Ibanez custom shop has been making 8 string guitars for past 4 years or so. The bolt on neck version of 8 string guitars are will be on display at 2006 NAMM. Thank you very much for your support on our products.
OMG! Custom shop manager, that's got to be an awesome job. Anyway, if there is a market for 7 strings, I think there is for 8 strings. Anybody who can put 7 strings to use knows that another string never hurts ;) and I think 90% of 7 string players would agree that they would buy an 8 string Ibanez if one were to go into production. An 8 string RG mass produced......one day.......hopefully soon!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Tak Hosono said:
And whilst that's great I doubt there will be the lefty that's been requested?

A lefty Seven string would be nice too.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Evolutionx72 said:
Wouldnt G B E A D G B E make more sense if one were to be produced though?
Why would it make more sense than any other tuning? Tunings making sense is dependant on what you want to do with the instrument. For open chord stuff I suppose G-B-E-A-D-G-B-E would make sense but the tuning it comes in doesn't really matter, tunings can always be changed.

I've just seen Rusty Cooley's 8 string RG, seems Ibanez is sticking to a 30" scale which makes sense. Shame about the inlay and headstock imo, Meshuggah's thru-neck 8s with a neck pickup would be cool to see as a production model I think.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts