Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this a few days ago and am wondering if any of you know where to get pickguard, trem cover, and jack cavity cover and truss rod cover in black pearloid or gray pearloid

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Aha, a new Premium VWH owner, you'll have to tell us how it is!

There are several sellers on flea bay who offer replacement plastics for Jems/RGs, you should be able to find what you're looking for.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just checked with Ibanezrules and he said that the Japanese plastics won’t fit the Indonesian guitars. I may have to make my own. That will be a fun project-not

·
Registered
18 Posts
Aha, a new Premium VWH owner, you'll have to tell us how it is!

There are several sellers on flea bay who offer replacement plastics for Jems/RGs, you should be able to find what you're looking for.
While I can’t speak for other Premium line models, when I play my 7vpwh, my 7VWH, and my PIA back to back, there really is no perceptible difference. I had it PLEKD by SweetWater and I also took it apart and refined issues with fit and finish. When I got my PIA, guess what? It also had to be taken apart and little refinements done here and there to make it truly play like butter. The only obvious and noticeable difference I could see was the Indo paint job was sloppy and you can see the wood grain through the paint. But I have seen some sloppy PIA paint jobs as well. I’d absolutely buy a 7VPWH again. For the price, they are unbeatable.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Interesting, thanks for the low-down. Seems to confirm what some of us were discussing In another thread – that for a 1-2k bracket, a Premium Jem with an Edge and DiM is on point. Regarding setup, I guess it's something to expect, regardless of whether it's coming from Japan or elsewhere. I saw a long-form review of a Pia on YT a while back, and while the bloke was stoked with the guitar (owns a Jem also), it came with a misaligned neck and loose trem arm holder.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am taking my Jem to a friend’s in an hour. We will knock back a few beers, and play
our guitars. It is pretty much dialed in now. I started off with an action that was 3/64ths, but I had to tweak the action up a bit. It is now just above the line of my measuring tool, just above the 3/64th line on the treble side and just barely above the 4/64 line on the low E.

The paint job is perfect on mine. Can’t see anything through the white paint. I would like to get black Pearloid or gray Pearloid plastics for it. I personally Don’t care for white on white

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.