Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
This is so amusing....

"This same guitar was at the 2005 NAMM. I had to buy one and pay only $900 for it. Great for stage presence.

Wizard neck with jumbos on a rosewood board, basswood body with a Ibanez Edge III bridge double locking tremolo system/original Floyd Rose INF3 neck and Duncan Distortion SH-6 bridge pickup.

Seymour Duncan Duncan Distortion SH-6:
High output humbucker built for aggressive playing styles. Recommended for old school metal, nu-metal, gothic, garage, punk, thrash and other heavy rock styles. Great for drop tunings.

Custom Painted by: LA boy-Leo McRae he has painted many Rock Star guitars over the years "

It's not real IMO. The keywords being "Edge III" should be a dead giveaway. Let's see if I'm correct and Rich corroborates my comments.

Jimmy:smile:

·
Premium Member
9,592 Posts
Wow, that thing is hideous. I would say another thing that screams fake is the cheap Ibanez neck pickup and Duncan bridge pickup.

·
Vendor
26,379 Posts
It says Ibanez? Where? Ibanez sells guitars that don't say Ibanez? ;)

There was nothing even remotely resembling that at WNAMM05.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
I guess it's possible that someone had it in the boot of their car when they drove to NAMM after their guitar lesson. That counts as being at NAMM, right? Or maybe the this "LA boy-Leo McRae" had a booth to show off his mad painting skillz, dude.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
I wonder if the guy just means it was a model that was released at 2005 NAMM (is that when RG320s got Edge IIIs? I thought it was later but my memory is hazy), and he bought one and had it custom painted. If that's the case, I don't know if he's being purposefully evasive and letting the reader jump to the "guitar featured at NAMM" conclusion.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hmm i talked to him over email, pointing out his leaks in knowledge :D and thats what he sent me:

"First of all your a loser with NO LIFE!!! Wake up this guitar was
custom painted by a well know guitar painter in LA, that is why thier
is no Ibanez logo on the headstock. Yes it has two pick-ups one the
INF3 pickup is the same as the Dimarzio IBZ in the neck and Duncan
Distortion pickup that i had installed for better sound. This guitar
is one of a kind, and the list price for it was $900 for a steal in

This is a RGT320QRBB RG PRESTIGE and is going for $570
Sorry you don't know your guitars!

Here are pictures of the guitar before paint"

he included pictures of an RGT320QRBB from tatdadada - jemsite :D

·
Registered
206 Posts
Maybe I'm missing something, but isn't the list price for the RGT320QRBB over $2000?

He might be confused because the low end RGT is around $900 list. I guess it isn't that bad of a deal, but I tried one once, thought it was way overpriced and junky. Mistook it for a Prestige at first because of the price.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Simple, the guy got ripped off paying 900$ for that guitar, got it painted (or did it himself) and now is trying to rip someone else off to get his money back. The guy knows nothing about guitars or Ibanez. He said INF pickups are the same as Dimarzio IBZ, I meen come on, if he said V1 V2 are the same as IBZ it would be a bit more accurate but still.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I sent him an email asking for the serial number behind the headstock. He claims the serial number is "LA05RGT320". That is not a Ibanez pattern serial number. He's lying.

·
Registered
310 Posts
i say we bombard him with problems in his ad/gaps in his knowledge until he cracks.

anyone got price lists of what he says it is? proof of where he got the picture of what it 'used' to look like?

also just googled 'Leo McRae' - seems the only Leo McReas in the same sentance next to each other seem to be from here and craigslist - and the other one is in an obituary lol

(i've never heard of him)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.