Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends, I want to buy Ibanez guitar with $1000-1100. But I wont Jackson guitars because I live in Turkey. So in Turkey Jackson guitars are very very expensive. I want high gain -distortion- sound. But It musnt has bad clean tones. I think ; RG1570, Rg1550MZ, RG2550Z. Please recommend me which guitar I must buy?

·
Registered
185 Posts
All three are almost identical with minor differences. The 2550 has better pickups, the snazzy sharktooth inlay, EZ bridge. The 1550 is a step down in pickups with a maple fingerboard. The 1570 has the Edge Pro bridge, no pickgaurd. If you never plan on changing pickups the 2550 might be a better guitar. Can you still get one new?

You can't go wrong with any Prestige. It all comes to personal taste. My 1570 and 1560 awesome, very high quality guitars. Better than any Jackson!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Uhm, I heard some bad comments for EZ bridge. I dont know Which bridge is good. And I looking now JEM 555. It looks beautiful. :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
All three are almost identical with minor differences. The 2550 has better pickups, the snazzy sharktooth inlay, EZ bridge. The 1550 is a step down in pickups with a maple fingerboard. The 1570 has the Edge Pro bridge, no pickgaurd. If you never plan on changing pickups the 2550 might be a better guitar. Can you still get one new?
I think this depends. the new 1570s in Europe have the EZ bridge. idk about the US though.

You can't go wrong with any Prestige. It all comes to personal taste. My 1570 and 1560 awesome, very high quality guitars. Better than any Jackson!
the man speaks the truth! :grin:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Uhm, I heard some bad comments for EZ bridge. I dont know Which bridge is good. And I looking now JEM 555. It looks beautiful. :)
I agree, but looks can be deceiving. :)

the 555 has a MUCH worse bridge than the EZ (the Edge III). the Edge Zero can be set to float fully (in case that is your complaint) in a mod that takes no time at all and is really easy. otherwise the EZ bridge is very good quality.

the pickups are good (if you like Evos), but the overall finish is not at the Prestige level, which the (cheaper) 1550 and 1570 are.

you could buy a 1550 or 1570 and fit it out with a nice set of DiMarzios for about the same cost as the Jem555, and you'd have a much better overall guitar (although admittedly it wouldn't look as nice. :grin:)

·
Registered
185 Posts
But in Turkey JEM 555 has Edge Pro II bridge. So idk :D
The Edge Pro 2 is just as bad as an Edge 3. I have one in my RGT42. It sucks. Edge Pro and Edge Zero are both killer trems. You may be compromising too much quality for the sake of the JEM name.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Uhm, For you RG1550MZ or RG2550Z; So Rg1550mz change pickups or use RG2550z without change pickups. Sorry for my english dudes :) And Edge Zero bridge can change such Edge Pro. ??

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
But your guitar is RG1570Z. Edge Zero right?And Edge Zero bridge can change such Edge Pro? Can you do this?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Edge Zero can behave like ans Edge Pro by removing the Zero Point bar. It's designed to be removed if you wish. I kept mine in. Makes tuning easier and it's not that noticable while your wanking away on it.

·
Super Moderator
9,711 Posts
Did you say you really wanted a Jackson but they were too expensive, so you are going to go with an Ibanez instead?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
get an rg1570 if you like rosewood fretboards with no pickguard. if you like maple fretboards and pickguards, get an rg1550. the edge zero is a very good trem. theres a very good reason that its on the j.custom guitars. but if you REALLY dont want to take the risk, find a used rg1570 or rg1550 with an edge pro instead.

and you can NOT replace an edge zero with an edge pro.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
jim777; Yeap. In Turkey jackson guitars are too expensive. Example; DK2m USA or UK $700. In Turkey $1300. So I want Ibanez guitars. :)

IBZRG1527prestige; Uhm Sometimes I want to change my tune to Drop D etc.. With edge zero easier than edge pro. Beacuse It has back shaft for adjusting bridge position. But in Edge Pro You must open back clack and adjust with arcs.

·
Registered
214 Posts
changing tunings and string gauges with the Edge Zero is a piece of cake. you just turn the thumbwheel at the back, no screwdrivers involved.

from what you've said, it seems to me a no-brainer to buy a prestige guitar (1550/70 or 2550/70) and see whether you like the Edge Zero with the ZPS system installed, or not installed. you can have the best of both worlds then.

also, a Prestige 1550 or 1570 is loads better than a DK2M. :) the quality of the finishing is much much better. you may find yourself wanting to spend a little money upgrading the pickups, but the overall guitar is much better.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Everybody on the net thinks differently. Some say edge pro is better than edge zero. Cause pro is made in japan,so stronger. Floydrose actions(divebomb etc..) are made easiliy with pro. Famous people use pro or edge and dont prefer zero. I think it has a meaning. I'm not sure. :(

1 - 20 of 67 Posts