Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I just bought a used S2120XAV and I have just installed a pair of seymour duncans to it. However, I fail get the stock ibanez "classic" switching after the mod.

The stock neck PU QM1 has 4 color wires (green, black, red and white) plus a bare wire for ground. The only info. I have got somewhere from this site:

1. Ibanez red = Duncan Black
2. Ibanez white = Duncan Red + White
3. ibanez ground = duncan green + bare

However, this only describe the QM2 which has 3 conductors. Does anyone know the color coding of the QM1 and compare it with Duncan PU? All I want to do is to direct swap the pickups without modifying the switching. Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
6 Posts
i have this EXACT problem but the other way around. I need to put a QM1 in a guitar that only has 1 volume knob, and a 3-way selector switch, which means i cant use the coil tapping feature. red and white are obviously positive and negative, and they hav to be bound to their corresponding othr colour (black or green) but which goes to which?

·
Registered
663 Posts
1. Ibanez red = Duncan Black
2. Ibanez white = Duncan Red + White
3. ibanez ground = duncan green + bare
I'm not even sure this describes the QM2 correctly. It describes the V2, but I don't know for sure about about the QM2. I got QMs in an S540 here, but I never messed with them.
However, I wired my RG2020X with duncans ages ago. That was a V -> Duncan job, not QM -> Duncan, but the outcome would be the exact wiring you'd need. I know I must have noted the final wiring on paper to figure it out.. somewhere. I'll see if I can dig it up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I picked a 2nd-hand QM1 and I just found that the following is working for me:

FYI, Ibanez red+black are one coil, and green+white the other coil.

I didn't do a direct replacement for a Duncan so I cannot tell for 100% but in my guitar (not a JEM unfortunately) I wired as described below and it work well with the other pickup as well (I wrote the Duncan equivalence for my wiring in brackets)
Ibanez red -> hot (black Duncan)
Ibanez black -> series (white)
Ibanez green -> series (red)
Ibanez white -> ground (green)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts