Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone making Ibanez rbm body copies or selling the originals? does anyone make replicas of this guitar? its my fav ibanez and i cant find much bout it.

·
Registered
433 Posts
There was a guy that was making those and selling them on *bay all the time but I haven't seen them for awhile. I think it was deep 6 guitars or something like that.The price of guitar body's has dropped down substantially the last few months so I think a lot of sellers aren't bothering with it anymore. Here is one to look at 160515569149

·
Registered
5,791 Posts
There was a guy that was making those and selling them on *bay all the time but I haven't seen them for awhile. I think it was deep 6 guitars or something like that.The price of guitar body's has dropped down substantially the last few months so I think a lot of sellers aren't bothering with it anymore. Here is one to look at 160515569149
Just an FYI, as an owner of an RBM2NT, the bodies that guy is selling are NOTHING like a real Voyager. Not even close. It's an RG with a notch cut out of the back. I'll put it to you this way, my RBM won't even fit in one of the molded Team J Craft cases.

There has never been an even close to believable Voyager body ever made by anyone. Just buy an RBM1. They are super sweet guitars and not terribly expensive. There's an RBM400 sitting on the bay right now. It's listed as $2500 but you can make offers on it. That's way too much money and the RBM400 loses the koa top, but it has the correct EMG pickups in it and the pao ferro neck. Something is really strange about the upper edge of the rear cutaway. I wouldn't pay that guy anything close to $2500, but it isn't a bad guitar.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I own a 92 RBM1, and love it. You should just be patient, they usually pop up on ebay every now and then for a good price. That is where I found mine and couldn't be happier with it. Good luck!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Just an FYI, as an owner of an RBM2NT, the bodies that guy is selling are NOTHING like a real Voyager. Not even close. It's an RG with a notch cut out of the back. I'll put it to you this way, my RBM won't even fit in one of the molded Team J Craft cases.
Thanks for the info,that's good to know. Sucks when you get something that isn't what you expected. I saw that $2500 RBM. It may be fine but I felt like it was too much of a can of worms to even suggest to a fellow Jemsiter :) Smells like trouble to me.

·
Registered
5,791 Posts
Thanks for the info,that's good to know. Sucks when you get something that isn't what you expected. I saw that $2500 RBM. It may be fine but I felt like it was too much of a can of worms to even suggest to a fellow Jemsiter :) Smells like trouble to me.
I hear you. I don't like that extra tone knob, or whatever it is going on with it. And there's something totally bizarre going on with the body in that one spot, like someone modified it. Since it's an oil finish, you could very easily refinish it and nobody would be the wiser.

Sometimes you can get a good deal on guitars that appear a bit questionable. I paid just over $2000 for my RBM2NT and it looked straight out nasty in the pictures, but was really a pretty good guitar once I refinished it and cleaned it up. Obviously $2000 isn't exactly peanuts, but to get the actual pao ferro neck and the koa top body was worth it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the biggest prob that i have is that i live in europe. ebay us is out of my range, but some sellers sell bodies worldwide. it seems impossible to get a rbm on ebay uk

·
Registered
5,791 Posts
Ollie has one for sale in the classifieds. It isn't the $2000 koa one but it's an RBM
It should be pointed out that the guitar he's selling is a Korean-made RBM10, not a Japanese-made RBM1. He's obviously replaced the LoTRS with an OFR.

'91 RBM1's will have an original Edge, black hardware and no pickguard.
'92-93 RBM1's will have a LoPro Edge, gold hardware and a pickguard.

All '94-95 guitars were made in Korea. They put cheaper pickups in and LoTRS bridges.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have a '93 Black RBM1 with a Lo-Pro Edge - Gold Hardware and everything original if you're interested. Dent on the lower horn (on the back) but other than that it's pretty good. Plays well. No stress cracks - excellent neck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts