Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Cool. How’s about some pics…which model RG did you Get? I have an RG7421 and an RG550. The RG 550 has the thinnest neck I’ve ever played on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ibanez rg 421 ahm what i dont like about is the volume is of course superstrat style. Its to close to the bridge, Necks a bit narrow. Still the guitar rips. Love it, Swamp ash body with blueish green woodgrain on top. Set up rite from the factory. definately a keeper.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I almost bought one of those. But wound up buying an S570AH instead. It’s weird that Ibanez can get good ash for their lower to mid tier guitars and Fender can’t.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I almost bought one of those. But wound up buying an S570AH instead. It’s weird that Ibanez can get good ash for their lower to mid tier guitars and Fender can’t.
I looked up your guitar. I seen a black model. Real nice. I read about the ibamez company after buying my rg. They take it as a science. The pickups are brutal. Finish flawless

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I saw the ibanez you bought. Really nice. Ibanez does a lot of research on developing great guitars. I bought mine used at a pawnshop 140 plus tax. It came with a new gator case with the tags.still on it. Also had the book that came with it. Whoever sold it was desperate to sell a guotar like that. It rocks.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I saw the ibanez you bought. Really nice. Ibanez does a lot of research on developing great guitars. I bought mine used at a pawnshop 140 plus tax. It came with a new gator case with the tags.still on it. Also had the book that came with it. Whoever sold it was desperate to sell a guotar like that. It rocks.
Ibanez is kicking ass across all their lines, well except for the Gio line. I just got 2 Mikros for my grand kids and one had so many uneven frets, and the nut‘s slots were too high. I did a complete level and recrown. The other the nut was fine, and the frets were not bad as far as being even. They both had terrible fret sprout and I had to file the ends on both.

But my S570 AH, Premium Jem, Jem Jr, and Jem Jr SP, RG7421, and AZES31 were all pretty good. The Jem Premium needed a full level and crown, and the rest just needed the frets polished. My RG 550 needed one fret filed. I was able to get discounts on all but the AZ because of the work I had to do them. I don’t mind doing a little work to a new guitar, especially when the price gets lowered.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not like a lot of guitar companies using to many different designs. Ibanez didn't do that. Even the amount of wood they use is less. So they can put more into their guitars. Smart company. They do their homework. I even have a old dreadnought acoustic electric. The white binding turned yellow. Its made in China, absolutely a good guitar. I put grovers on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts