·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ibanez geeks!

I once again have an inquiery!

Just came up on 3bay:

What do we all think about this?

I've never heard of it before. Ebony fretboard on an ibanez is quite a rare sight indeed.

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
Looks totally legit to me. It looks like a custom order 3120. I know stores could do custom orders based on already existing model as long as they ordered a large enough batch of them.

·
Registered
392 Posts
That's a 1999 RG-PR1! If I had enough to buy another I would in a heartbeat! It's a one-off run for GC and as far as I can find there are only 12 of them. It's Mohagany with flame maple top (thin), ebony fretboard and ivory binding. DiMarzio AN and TZ pickups. It's hands down the best Ibanez I've ever played (I haven't played a J-Custom yet). PM me if you want more info or pics of mine.

There is also a RG-PR2 (pink quilt top) and RG-PR3 (red quilt top)

Edit: LOL, sorry for the duplicate info. I hadn't read the auction before posting. Also, the clear is beat to hell :(. Still awesome guitar. I forgot to mention, It's got a thinner AANJ like the J-Customs and is possibly built by the same people.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I thought the pink was supposed to be a purple, but in anycase, they're beautiful guitars. The PR1 is easily my fav non JC Ibanez. I couldn't believe when a close friend traded his(plus a lot of cash) for a PRS CST24. The shop gave him the "It's made in Japan so it's not worth anything" routine. I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I had the cash when one actually popped up.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I thought the pink was supposed to be a purple, but in anycase, they're beautiful guitars. The PR1 is easily my fav non JC Ibanez. I couldn't believe when a close friend traded his(plus a lot of cash) for a PRS CST24. The shop gave him the "It's made in Japan so it's not worth anything" routine. I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I had the cash when one actually popped up.
Ah, could be purple, I've never seen one in person and it looked pink in the pics. My RG-PR1 is definitely my favorite guitar and I would probably go homeless before selling it.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Ah, could be purple, I've never seen one in person and it looked pink in the pics. My RG-PR1 is definitely my favorite guitar and I would probably go homeless before selling it.
I'm jealous. The PR1 was actually the first Ibanez I ever played. I was a Fender Strat guy until that moment.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I was amazed at how clean it is till I saw the back. I'd still buy it, I may put in a bid later this week, depending on where the price is.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I was amazed at how clean it is till I saw the back. I'd still buy it, I may put in a bid later this week, depending on where the price is.
Yeah the back is in bad nick but that could be sorted out if desired. Worth a punt for sure if the price stays low enough. It's not everyday that you see those pop up for sale.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Yeah the back is in bad nick but that could be sorted out if desired. Worth a punt for sure if the price stays low enough. It's not everyday that you see those pop up for sale.
Absolutely. I never see these come up(and when I do it's not irregular to see them go for near $2000).

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Its breath taking I wouldnt have a problem parting with $800-900 for it. I just got to keep telling my self prs...prs...its not working!!!

·
Vendor
26,554 Posts
The last red one sold a month ago [or so] from Gravitymusicgear for $1300, and it was in much better condition.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yeah it looks nice besides the back. So shipping, VAT and a repaint has to be taken into consideration.....but looks great on the front. With Rich's info about a totally mint for 1300$, this should not be very expensive. It will be some cash to make look mint again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts