Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About two years ago I bought a used Ibanez RG. My Problem: I have no idea which model it could be.

The body is black with the typical RG shape. It's got two humbuckers (neck and bridge) and one singlecoil. The humbuckers seem to have been modified. The singlecoil however is a INFS1 (sounds ****ty! I think I'm going to buy a Texas special instead.)
The neck is bright. On the backside is written "made in korea".
The head is black (backside bright like the neck) and there is written "Ibanez RG-series". On the backside there is a serialnumber: s94022648

I did not find any model on the internet that looks just like mine... they all have a dark neck. So I don't think it still is produced.
Would be nice if you could help me.

Thanks, Lukas

Sorry for my bad English but I come from Germany and in the german forums nobody could help me. A friend of mine said that you guys really know about Ibanez guitars.

·
Super Moderator
9,713 Posts
If it's a licensed Floyd it would likely be cheaper to just upgrade the whole guitar than the trem and pickups.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh, I just realized that it is a licensed. But I don't care, never had problems with it. My guitar is nearly always in tune... Why are the Floyd Roads licensed trems so bad?? Anyway I think I'm going to freeze it with a block of wood because i don't need it.
I won't change the guitar, it is really fun to play this thing (i LOVE the neck!)
Just going to change the middle PU, the other ones already have been changed before i bought it and they really sound good.

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
the:LuckE said:
Oh, I just realized that it is a licensed. But I don't care, never had problems with it. My guitar is nearly always in tune... Why are the Floyd Roads licensed trems so bad?? Anyway I think I'm going to freeze it with a block of wood because i don't need it.
I won't change the guitar, it is really fun to play this thing (i LOVE the neck!)
Just going to change the middle PU, the other ones already have been changed before i bought it and they really sound good.
Not all licensed floyds are bad. Just made in china, korea etc. because they use inferior metal/alloys. A very licensed trem is the Schaller and Gotoh and of course the Edge/Lo Pro Edge.

Regards

André

·
Super Moderator
9,713 Posts
fettouhi said:
Not all licensed floyds are bad. Just made in china, korea etc. because they use inferior metal/alloys. A very licensed trem is the Schaller and Gotoh and of course the Edge/Lo Pro Edge.

Regards

André
The Schaller is so good because Schaller makes the originals. ;-)

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
fettouhi said:

Regards

André
The Edge's are made by Gotoh anyway, aren't they?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.