Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Last week I traded a old Squire strat and practice amp for an Ibanez RG series. Only paid 100 dollars after the trade. Its supposed to be a 90's Ibanez. Its got no Model Number. Its black
Its got a 5 piece neck, 24 frets, Lo-TRS double locking tremolo. The logo on the headstock is chrome. its made in japan. The pickups are V7 S1 V8.
I was looking on the Ibanez website and the only guitar almost identical to this except maybe for the trem is the Ibanez Prestige RG1570.
Is that what this is? a earlier version of that? of was there a series of guitars just called RGSeries. I've never owned an Ibanez before, stuck to jacksons and ESP's.
Just wanted to get some info on the guitar.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I know they made 470's in Japan in 2002, because that's the year the one I briefly owned was made. So figure they were also made in Japan for a year or 2 around that as well.

Either way, I much prefer the Edge and it's variants over anything TRS.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yep, I saw one like this at the local shop this week...fits the description perfectly. The rout definetely looks big enough to accept an Edge but you never know.

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
MIJ RG470 for sure. They made them in Japan from about 1997 through to 2003-04 where they also got an Edge Pro at that point. LO-TRS is far better than the Korean LO-TRS II, so the trem should be fine for some time. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts