Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where can i find a custom shop online that will custom an RG to have all the qualities of a JEM (monkey grip, 21-24 scalloped frets, tree of life vine inlay, the lions claw trem route)

·
Registered
148 Posts
There's LGM Guitars (see above banner), but I think Jeremy's not doing those services for the time being. Correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Theres also monsterguitarshop.com, they do alot of stuff, you should email them for a total price quote...

LGM is perfect at this, but he's busy and his mods take a loooooooong time.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
you know depending on the cost of the inlay you might just want to buy yourself a jem. Check out some of the auction sites and some of the guys selling em around here and compare it to how much getting your RG to look like a jem. The margine of difference might be just 200 bucks or so, if i had the choice i'd go with having a real jem rather than just an RG that wishes it could be a jem

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Go to projectguitar.com and see what the folks say there but expect the vine thing to cost at least $300 and by the time you get to all the other mods, esp if you want a proffesionally done paint job you'll end up spending more money than if you just got a Jem on evilbay.

ilia

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Funnily enough I am just in the process of finishiing off a long term rg to Jem mod. During this time I actually bought a Jem, but never mind. I am doing something pretty unique (more of this in a few weeks), and that is the only reason for modding an rg to jem IMHO, otherwise save yourself the hassle and expense.

As dex says it will cost more to do an authentic jem. But alot of the work can be done yourself, and the projectguitar.com tutorials are the best I have found, and produce excellent results, I am a complete wood working noob, and the managed to talk me through all kinds of jem mods.

If you are in the UK, I could probably tell you some luthiers that have quoted me to do the body modifications, and some other useful contacts.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hey what is a good Ibanez body for such a project?

I have both a beat up RG550 and a 750 and I don't know which
would make a cool Jem project....

Squeeg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.