Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Some years ago i bought a blue RG3120 in a not so good condition, the guitar was completely orginal and the original case was included..

First of all i did a complete frettdress and polished the frets, smoothed out and lightly sanded the fretboard and oiled it to a beautyful finish so the neck is now top notch.

Then i stripped the body completely and stained it with some new colors that i mixed together with alcohol.
The back of the guitar was left in natural mahogny like a Les Paul.
Then a car painter sprayed it with poly coating but he didn't do it very well so i sanded the body and sprayed it myself a couple of time's.
Its not perfect but it could be if you give it a bit of treatment.

The electronics were upgraded to new CTS 500K pot's plus a new ,022 cap. The switch is a brand new Dimarzio superswitch. Brand new Ibanez cosmoblack knobs and a new tremolo arm was installed as well.
The original neck pu was changed to a Dimarzio Air Zone, the original bridge pu Tonezone is still sitting in the guitar.

The Edge tremolo function is in perfect condition and work's great.
The case is still there but is not in a good condition, but it work's.

So what do you guy's think its worth ?
It's a great playing and sounding guitar but the clearcoat finish is not perfect.

In Sweden Ibanez is icecold on the market so i'll have to give away for free if dont want it anymore in the house..

I would have posted a couple of pictures if i could...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Well, considering you can't see jack **** in that picture, except the top of the guitar..... who can really answer the question? No offense, but I just can't stand pictures like this. If you're going to take a picture, TAKE A PICTURE. Why have it all off to the side so you can't SEE the guitar?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, considering you can't see jack **** in that picture, except the top of the guitar..... who can really answer the question? No offense, but I just can't stand pictures like this. If you're going to take a picture, TAKE A PICTURE. Why have it all off to the side so you can't SEE the guitar?
The reason for this one and only picture is that i'm new to this forum and still not allowed to post several picture's in this thread....

·
Registered
364 Posts
Ibanez RG3120 - how much is it worth?
Sorry to say, I don't think it's worth very much. I have seen your add in "blocket" It's a nice guitar but I'm afraid you'll never get a fair price since it's modified. Good luck to you!

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
not knowing more about the condition, and hoping to see more pics I would think your guitar could sell for at, or near standard 3120 prices (which can vary widely). You picked a color that will be appealing to a broad spectrum of buyers, including myself.

without seeing more detailed pictures I'd hate to quote a value, but it will certainly generate some interest.

If you want, PM me and I'll send you my email addy......I'll post whatever pics you send me.

Ryc

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry to say, I don't think it's worth very much. I have seen your add in "blocket" It's a nice guitar but I'm afraid you'll never get a fair price since it's modified. Good luck to you!
Yes i know, there is almost no market for used Ibanez at all in Sweden.
They are very good guitars but hard to sell unfortunably..

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
Your very welcome Toni,

I was thinking about value on your guitar and, IMO, I think you could probably get between $500 and $600 for it. I say this with the thought that if a buyer cannot sand/buff the finish out themselves they will probably be charged around $150. Since you did a nice job on the stain, you can take that $150 out of the normal 3120 value of $650-$750.

If anybody disagrees, that's ok....but I'd like to hear other opinions on it.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
I'd definitely pay $500-$550 for it. He did a nice job on the stain, and honestly, I think it's pretty darn sexy in that finish. I'd rather have one that's been stripped and refinished well than pay the same price for a stock one that's been dinged to hell and back.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanx a lot for you're input guy's, maybe i put it on the "for sale" section on this forum and see if some of you are interested of buying the guitar.
But i might have a trade going on for an Esp Eclipse, not sure.
Also a RG2610Z would be a very nice trade.

Btw, i will post some new picture's when i get home tomorrow.
Have a nice weekend. :)

·
Registered
433 Posts
Don't you think that's a little bit harsh of a response? Not everyone is an expert photographer, nor does he know exactly what people want to see.

Anyways I'd say that guitar is worth at least $500 USD. I'd buy it for that price all day long. Not sure about your part of the world.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi! could you tell me how many pieces is the mahogany body? Thanks.
To me it seem's to be a one piece body, i will take some pictures of the back tomorrow so you can see for you'r self.
Perhaps it's a two piece body but it's very difficult to see.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts