Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody have this guitar? I'm talking about the red quilt-top sold at guitar centers. it's a lower end ibanez but the quality seems excellent (it comes with floyd rose edge pro II!). every one I tried was consistent, they played great.

what's the difference in quality between the low-end RG's and the high-end ones? are the electronics or hardware inferior? coz the RG3xx series is great in my opinion. they have the same trems used in the current JEMS (and JS's). just swap the pickups and they're excellent.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
First of all, the RG3xx guitars are NOT low-end, they are the regular or mid-grade level guitars. The low end RGs are the GRG models or any RG model under 3xx. Having said that, there is still a pretty big difference between the RG3xx series and the Prestige and signature models. The Prestige models use superior materials and the Edge Pro is superior to the Edge Pro II and Edge III trems, although they are pretty nice trems for the price of the guitar. I've got an RG370DX with the Edge III trem and I've gotta say that after you break in the springs, it holds its tuning quite well and is a lot less stiff than when you first get the guitar. So all in all, if you like the way the guitar feels/plays/sounds then buy it. The pickups can always be swapped and most people (atleast on this forum) swap the stock pickups even on the Prestige models.

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
I used to have an RG320FA and it blew my Jem555 out of the water (take that for what it's worth) The 320's are a great axe for customizing (like lyconxero already said) In fact, it makes me want to buy one right now :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lyconxero said:
First of all, the RG3xx guitars are NOT low-end, they are the regular or mid-grade level guitars. The low end RGs are the GRG models or any RG model under 3xx.
it's a relative thing ;) when you're used to playing JEM's, prestige's. RG4xx and below seem like 'low end' while 5xx seem like middle level.. ah nevermind... the Rg3xx's are greaat!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have a rg 320Dx Qm , nice little axe, payed 185 for it and it was mint! Im currently having my wife paint it with some sorta crazy design!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I used to have an RG320FA and it blew my Jem555 out of the water (take that for what it's worth) The 320's are a great axe for customizing (like lyconxero already said) In fact, it makes me want to buy one right now :)
Check for the sale adds, mines up foe grabs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey everyone. I have an RG320 FM (with dot inlays) and its a great entry level axe. For the money i think its a very good buy. I have replaced the stock pickups with dimarzios and it sounds killer. Go for it. Its a great looker too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I currently have the rg320dx QM and it is WAY better then I could imagine a $300 to $400 guitar being, I've played high end Yamaha's and schecters that dont compare to the smoothness and just plain Comfortability of this axe. I recommend it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the Red Quilt 320DXQM and the tone is consistent with stock pickups in humbucker mode - great for shredding fast without losing articulation.

Then - you move the switch to the #2 position and that thing sounds /Tele/Strat better than my Fedner Strat/Tele does, this holds true in #4 position as well.

Very diverse and although it may not be high end - it's a great guitar that you don't mind taking to any gig!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ive got one thats Trans Lavender...I got it for 40 bucks...had no trem bar and came with a nice road warrior gig bag...It was made in 2005, shark fin inlays, I yanked the INF pups out and put in a Guitarheads Mega Metal bridge and a Guitarheads Fat pole neck both zebras sounds amazing..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts