Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah i need help with a rewiring of this guitar... Ive tried for a couple of days and i cant get it done.. So if anyone can show me a picture or something of that sort it would help a lot.. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
So has anyone figured out how to wire the RG320DX? I'm in the same postion as the original poster "HailHailHail" and need to know how to rewire this body i bought off ****.
As mentioned above, the Ibanez site's wiring diagram doesn't work for this model.

Can anyone help us?

Cheers, RJP1

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
If you're wiring it up with Ibanez pickups, then you should be able to follow one of Ibanez' diagrams but if you're going with Dimarzios or Duncans then you'll want to contact them about how to wire it on that switch.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
wire it like the sc420...or with dimarzio's, the rg3120 with the sc switch. the only difference with the sc420 vs. the rg3120 schematic is one wire jumper on the switch to make the neck pickup either single coil or parallel. any questions, feel free to post.

rich

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey the thing is my RG320dx has 2 humbuckers:
Both have 3 wires (one of which is braided, earth wire)

The neck Hum wire = red
The bridge Hum wire = green
(the outer sheath color)

1 volume pot
1 tone pot

and a 5-way (8 terminal) switch.

So the diagram for the SC420 is close, but the neck pickup has 5 wires (one of which is a braide)

So is there a way of using my 3 wire humbucker in place of the SC420's 5 wire one?

I'm good at electronics, just never done a guitar.... Cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.