Ibanez JEM Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
the knife edges are the two red areas on 2nd and 4th photos. They are connected to the rest of the trem (naturally) which would be the base plate.

So, if you compare the base plate to the body, you should be ok and you have good tension on the springs, you should be ok.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
this is how the Edge-III should to be set:

with the upper side SLIGHTLY angled.

just consider that the baseplate is the knife itself, pretty much like the OFR and non-Ibanez Floyd licensed trems, so you want the baseplate (the underside of the trem) to be set parallel to the top and/or perpendicular to the posts. i know that the baseplate profile can't be seen when the trem is installed on the guitar, but just go by eye. you'll end setting it with the upper side just a bit less angled than a LoPro Edge's. hope this helps ;)

·
Registered
402 Posts
I own an Ibanez, RG350DX. It has an Edge III bridge, and I don't know what is the correct angle for this bridge. This is how it looks now:

I don't know whether it's right or wrong.

My mother tongue is Hebrew, and the combination of English and guitars just doesn't work for me. No one has ever taught me the names of the parts in English, so I know nothing. Some guy told me that the knife edge should be perpendicular to the stud, but I have no idea what are the knife edge and the stud. That guy also said once that Edge III bridges has a lack exposed knife edge, so that probably makes it harder for me to understand what exactly are those parts. If you guys can please try to explain it for me with pictures, then I'll be thankful. No one has ever taught me the names of the parts in English, but I really need the help.
The angle on your bridge looks fine to me

:razz:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
this is how the Edge-III should to be set:

with the upper side SLIGHTLY angled.

just consider that the baseplate is the knife itself, pretty much like the OFR and non-Ibanez Floyd licensed trems, so you want the baseplate (the underside of the trem) to be set parallel to the top and/or perpendicular to the posts. i know that the baseplate profile can't be seen when the trem is installed on the guitar, but just go by eye. you'll end setting it with the upper side just a bit less angled than a LoPro Edge's. hope this helps ;)
Thank you very much! This is exactly what I needed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Look, this is the back of my guitar:

I think I ruined the screw I circled in red. It just doesn't screw out anymore. Now I'm in real trouble. What can I do?

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
you mean you stripped out the screw's head? these cases, i usually cut a slot for a screwdriver, with a Dremel. don't know if there's anything easier and faster.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Or use a pair of pointy pliers to very carefully remove the screw.
That's actually a good idea.

Damn it, I can't unscrew it, and every time I try I end up having metal shavings on my screwdriver. I don't know if I can screw it, but I don't want to try, because if I can't unscrew, it will do no good.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
It will probably help to remove tension from the screws.

Meaning... detune the guitar, remove the springs, and then use pliers to slowly twist the screw out of the wood.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts