Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I used to be a Gibson player, but I have fallen in love with Ibanez guitars and I won't be going back.

I have an Ibanez RG4EXQM1, and I want to fix it up a bit.

First, my edge iii bridge is missing the screw that is used to adjust the vibrato arm height. Does anyone know where I could find one?

Also, I am looking to replace the Infinity pickups with some that have better sustain. I've heard a Tone Zone/ Air Norton combo works well with a basswood body. Do you have any suggestions?

I would love to hear any other advice on maintenance and upgrades anyone with Ibanez experience has.

Thank you so much,

Dave

·
Registered
554 Posts
Yes, replace the edge 3 as soon as possible. Also Dimarzio and Seymour Duncan have pick-up selectors on their sites where you put in what you have and what you want out of the pick-ups and they make suggestions for you.

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
Welcome to Jemsite dbenn!!

Like penguin said.. www.IbanezRules.com for parts...... there's simply no better alternative for Ibanez parts....... Rich is the king, and his prices/service are second to none.

For upgrades I would first replace the trem with an Edge-Pro....it's a direct replacement, but I would seriously consider upgrading the studs and anchors to a locking set at the same time. Email Rich about these parts as well.

The TZ/AN pickup combo is a favorite among us Ibanez freaks for a reason!!! They really do work great in basswood guitars..........I would say as well as the Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz sets do in alder USA Jacksons!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.