Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey

i have an old ibanez rg520x-01 with v7/v8 elements and piezo .piezo is broken now

I don't like the sound of those v7 / v8 pickups ... plus the guitar is damaged
deploy new set of elements with new buttons
Many guitars have a tone / volume / and 5 position switch but then there are still holes in the guitar. Anyone have an idea what is possible

I personally think an evo 2 or a dimarzio tone zone air norton set sounds good
What beauty can be made of it
Tips are welcome
Wood Tints and shades Armour Thigh Helmet

Electrical wiring Gas Audio equipment Electricity Machine

Guitar accessory Musical instrument String instrument Art String instrument accessory

Wood Wood stain Hardwood Tints and shades Varnish

Wood Table Automotive lighting Floor Wood stain

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hoi Bart, misschien helpt het om je post in het Engels te plaatsen op dit forum;).

Translation;
Hi Bart, it might help to post in English on this forum;).

Greetings and welcome from a fellow Dutchman!
Word tijd dat de wereld Nederlands gaat leren ! ;) tekst is verandert bedankt voor de tip !

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Nice project guitar! You'll definitely be stripping the old paint off right? That thing has had a hard life 😐. There's a company in the UK called Kustom Canz... they make excellent urethane in a spray can. I am about to use some this spring to paint a project guitar. If you are willing to paint, give them a look. Is that one saddle in the picture the only one the bridge came with? Because those Piezo saddles are NOT cheap and are super difficult to find used.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
A super duper fixer-upper project indeed. A piezo is cool but $$$, but a Double Edge was never available as an aftermarket part like other Ibanez trems. If you happen to find one used, you can expect to pay over $300. Unless you absolutely need a piezo, easier to get a new Edge/Lo Pro, or a used one and harvest the saddles if you wanna keep the original baseplate.

I think the only aftermarket option for a piezo loaded Floyd the Graphtech one. Looks like a Ping style, and is about 300 Euro, depending on the finish.

In hardware stores you can buy rubber or plastic grommets normally used to cover bolts/screws to cover any extra holes from pots or switches, just measure first.

Alternatively, if you're refinishing the body, dowels or filler are your friends.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hoi

mijn gitaar is helemaal compleet, met alle zadels. piezo is ook compleet... alleen vind de v7 en v8 pickups niet mooi klinken, daar wil ik 2 nieuwe voor bestellen, ook een nieuwe 5 standen schakelaar...
de printplaat van de piezo is kapot... weet iemand waar je die kan bestellen????....

is er nog een aansluitschema van die gitaar te vinden want daar is niet veel over te vinden
ik snap ook niet waarom er 2 stekkers in zitten het voor het gitaarsnoer .. met een kan en dan een schakelaar ertussen

groetjes

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
The two outputs are so you can run the piezo and magnetic pickups into separate amps (see explanation below).

The piezo system is made by LR Baggs, the Ctrl-X type. You can find them online. If you need new piezo elements in the saddles, you might have to contact LR Baggs directly and ask whether they still offer Ibanez Double Edge elements, they used to a few years ago.

This should be the correct wiring diagram for the guitar. Some other models, like the RG2027X, also used the same scheme. Basically, you have a mono output for all pickups, and a dedicated piezo. The black push-button switch selects between the piezo and mono output, and the mini-toggle allows for magnetic-mix-piezo when the mono output is selected.

There's some good info in this thread about repairs, parts etc.: Ibanez Piezo Project- advice needed!.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts