Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all Jemsiters :)

I saw an RG550 Serpent on this site yesterday, and have to say, it's a very, very nice guitar :)

What I wanted to ask, is, how many were made, if it is a prototype?

And what does it usually sell for?

Just asking in case i get serious about getting one someday. Don't know when ;-)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
This is a Prestigious Ibanez Prototype LNG Color with Mirror Pickguard !!!

it as the same specs and body shape as the older jem without the monkey grip and instead of vine inlay its 2 crawling snakes with exeptional details

This is a extremely rare japan made In the 90's as told by ibanez this was a prototype but was too expensive to produce in the 90's vs the market demand for expensive guitar so only a few was made.... so this is a priceless collector item... There is no fret wear at All & I must say there is only about 1h total played on that guitar, as a matter fact its still as the original strings. The guitar is extremely mint beside some very small dent under the bridge , there is no paint chip ...just small dents in the paints you cant even see it from the pictures but they are there...other then that i would say the rest is 10/10

Feature:

- Neck Pickup: V1

- Middle Pickup: S2

- Bridge Pickup: V8

- mirror pickguard

- All powder chrome hardware

- 24 Fret Maple Neck with creawling snake inlays

- 5 way pickup switch selector

- Low Pro Edge Double Lock Tremolo Systm

- Hardshell case is include

- Matching Green color Dimazio lock strap (steve vai favorite) is include !!!!

from a google image search of "RG550 Serpent"

lol.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Huh? Lol? Why?

It says nothing about how many actually were made, but I see, probably under 100...?

And the price... Priceless... And despite that, a man bought one from **** "Just because he liked it", well, gotta love the guitar but hate the fact that it is actually very valuable and is gonna cost a lot of money if it ever comes up for sale again, og other, MINT guitars, the Ibanez RG550 Serpent ;-)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Huh? Lol? Why?

It says nothing about how many actually were made, but I see, probably under 100...?

And the price... Priceless... And despite that, a man bought one from **** "Just because he liked it", well, gotta love the guitar but hate the fact that it is actually very valuable and is gonna cost a lot of money if it ever comes up for sale again, og other, MINT guitars, the Ibanez RG550 Serpent ;-)
i sad "lol" because i found all that with the simplest google search.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I saw one of these in real life at the Meinl Guitar Festival a month ago. It's not an inlay in the first place. It's some sort of paint or print under a clear coat!

·
Super Moderator
7,288 Posts
I was told that they were a limited run for the UK's biggest guitar store at the time, which was "Musical Exchanges" similar to the limited runs you sometimes see for stores like Ikebe (I think it is) in Japan or the Guitar Center limited runs that have happened. Seeing as Meinl also have one, it could be that in the UK that that one store bought all the distributer had in their inventory.

The snake isn't an inlay, from the ones i've seen in person it appears to be that it's a decal that's been cleared. Other than the fretboard it's basically the same spec as an RG550DX.

In the UK we never got the RG550DX in the green/gold colour but I understand in Japan there was an RG5000 or simiarly named limited run of RG550s in that (and other equally cool) colour(s)

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I saw one of these in real life at the Meinl Guitar Festival a month ago. It's not an inlay in the first place. It's some sort of paint or print under a clear coat!

The guitar pictured here is a real beauty but it's a terrible shame about the snakes on the fretboard. For me they are dreadful looking but that's just my opinion. Each to their own.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts