Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there was already another thread about this guitar, but now its a totally different beast and totally different guitar which IMHO deserves a thread all to her own :). Now Shes a RG550DersertsunYellowReverseheadstockLefty!! I guess you can just call her Daryl (Hannah!!) for short, haha, get it?

All right, here she is, totally done minus the tuners, which should be in sometime next week, defiantly an awesomely fun project. The wiring was all screwed up thanks to some r-tard who knew nothing about wiring installing a Jackson pickup (J-90, Yuk!) in the bridge and screwing up all the wiring in the process, all the poles were wrong on the 5-way and I had to completely redo it, good thing I know what im doing but t was still a PITA!!. Now she's perfect again. Neck is nice, has some funky dark lines in the board, but after close examination its just dark grain and not cracks. I think this guitar has a lot of character now and is unique, just the way I like em! Thank you Ibanez for not making this so I can have the only one! Tell me what you guys think!!

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That thing looks totally kickass
Thanks Man, I think so! Its kinda funny it just kinda fell this way, I was going to leave it stock then someone put that neck up on da' bay and I just had to do this!

oh, in case anyone's wondering and didn't see my old thread, its a Steve's Special/Air Norton combo, I can't wait to try em out.

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's not hard to do if you wanted to.
I know, but I really never needed them, even on guitars that have them, I don't pay any attention to them, as a lefty its something you get used too playing things upside down. :lol:

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, I cant wait to try out the Steve's Special, its one of the few DiMarzio's I haven't played yet. Eventually I want to pull the board and put some pyramids on it, but that will not be for a quite a while.

·
Registered
448 Posts
dumb question but being a right handed neck on a left handed guitar and not truly a reverse headstock per say will you have to flip the locking nut??? so the string slot sizes are correct??? i feel like a noob....and i am not

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Actually it is a "true" reverse headstock, all Ibanez did was use left handed necks on right handed bodies to make stock production reverse headstock guitars back in the day, and thats what I'm doing here, just the opposite, right handed necks on left handed bodies. The nut is correct, its a true stock left hand top lock 3 from 1987 :) Both Right handed and left handed nuts are the same and will fit any neck, just the slots were filed in the opposite direction.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Actually it is a "true" reverse headstock, all Ibanez did was use left handed necks on right handed bodies to make stock production reverse headstock guitars back in the day, and thats what I'm doing here, just the opposite, right handed necks on left handed bodies. The nut is correct, its a true stock left hand top lock 3 from 1987 :) Both Right handed and left handed nuts are the same and will fit any neck, just the slots were filed in the opposite direction.
ok cool only difference is the lack of the compensated logo, cool ax man.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
You know I am left handed, too... :) Just learned to play right because thats is all I had to play on. I think it gives me an advantage with the legato and stuff. I can't imagine doing anything with my right hand other than hold a pick.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
so toy-ish! love it!
it reminds me of the custom reverse lefty they made for Erik Turner back in the golden era...

(see left)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts