·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys

This is my RG570

If that link doesn't work it looks like this
/Users/Themi/Desktop/RG Possibilities/Picture 3.png

I'm getting a sustainer installed and I don't think i'd like the look of an extra knob and two switches without them being seperated by a pickguard(if you know what I mean). So I'm thinking of maybe installing a pickguard but am limited in terms of colour cause grey doesn't really go with much.
Anyway, these are some of the possibilities I came up with...

I'm leaning toward black with white outline (3ply) or just leaving it as is. White looked ok also. Anyone else have grey guitar with cool pickguard colour combo. Something that'd make the neon knobs stand out too... again why i'd lean toward black.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
that's the same axe I helped a friend buy a few years ago though he's kept it stock since then.
here's a few things:
a) if you're going with the black scheme, it'd be neat to have the neck pu in pink as well but sustainers are mostly black. I'm starting to like the faux bridge + middle pu look though.
b) if you're going with the white scheme, try it with a matching truss cover.
c) how about a grey/charcoal mirror pickguard?

Reg

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
B/W/B pickguard, and H-S pickups, a-la 565. Single vol knob only (a little bit lower down than usual), no tone.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had decided to leave it as is. But I discovered through the work in progress that the sustainer driver (single coil - 401) is longer than normal and there is all sorts of obstacles installing it mounted to the body. So I'm forced to get a pickuard. I'm gonna get b/w/b but would also consider the mirror pickguard with neon knobs for the future. Vai got me liking that scheme with the jemini video and the monterey universe (Mirror guard with pink knobs.)

I'll post some pics soon. This is my second job with a router so I'm a total noob with tools and modifying guitars. it's very rough but not bad considering no templates were used and its practically free hand.

Cheers for all the suggestions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts