Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently found a used rg570ctam guitar and it's beautiful. Few things

Pretty bad electronics

Neck was broken and repaired in a classic break at the top of the neck near the top lock screws

Gold lo pro has almost NO wear on it

I am very tempted to buy this thing. It's beautiful, body is immaculate and electronics are easily repaired (and if I get it I'm putting a sustainer in it)

The cracked neck seems to be a good repair- now comes the question of the price

It was priced at $420. Am I wrong in saying that is overpriced for a broken electronics and broken necked guitar?

I feel like the broken neck really really detracts from the value more than anything. Perfect condition 1570 prestiges and 570s sell for $450 all the time

What do you think is the lowest price I could give the guy reasonably?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I would say it detracts for the value...also if memory serves it might be a wizII neck vs. the super wiz. I remember there being something different about that model anyway.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Yeah just double checked its a wiz ii neck, so in my eyes that detracts from it for me. Its also a Guavere (sp?) top which is photo flame not real flamed maple.

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
What's wrong with wizard 2?

And yeah I know it's a photo too but it's still pretty
Gravure "tops" are pretty and have the added bonus of not coloring a guitars tone. Fastmerc was just letting you know in case you were expecting something different.

There's nothing wrong with WizII necks- they're just less in demand. Still a broken head is a big detractor in my book- repaired or not. I would include the price of a good used neck to replace the original when considering buying this guitar. Is $420 too much? Yes. $300 would be my absolute max and that's only because the gold hardware is in good shape.

·
Super Moderator
7,288 Posts
These had pau ferro boards too (certainly the European models did) to go with the alder bodies, so it's a big shame that there is significant neck damage. Overall I thinker se were my favourite RG570 variants.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone

I offered $200

With any luck it'll make a nice backup, and I'll eventually get a new neck (for the price I can buy a new neck for the total price of a normal used 570 with nowhere near as good condition a body) and put the sustainer in

It almost looks like some of the j customs with the finish it does. I kind of just want to eat the color of the finish.

The finish and the hardware is the only reason I am even interested. I wouldn't even blink before blowing off a normal black 570 with broken neck for the marked price

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I've decided to say screw it.

I got the guy to my price, then got the desire for the Antares auto tune for guitar system

With that, I shall never need to tune it again ;)

I don't feel like dealing with a broken neck either

1 - 8 of 8 Posts