Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know anything about these? i ordered one several months ago and it is an amazing guitar to say the least. whats strange is after i ordered mine they quit selling them in the US? they have similar models but not the rgt 2020. i see them on the uk sites but thats it.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I thought they were cool and was going to get one but that was right about the time I got my first Zachary so I kinda missed the boat. I love guitars with that natural finish and I have always wanted a neck thru... :) The Zachary's make it hard for me to enjoy other guitars, anyway.

·
Registered
790 Posts
His is Mahog wings with a stain finish while the 220a is Ash wings an natural fin.
I had this guitar. The 220 is the replacement for the old 2020s. There's also a Mahogany 220, RGT220H-SOL, beside the Ash version RGT220A-NTF. I think after 2004 the 220s came. My RGT2020SOL was build in 2004.

The older 2020 had the off-side-dots instead normal dots like the newer 220. The Bubinga stripes are darker in the newer 220 models.

http://ibanator.com/rgt2020sol.html

grüße :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Can anybody give me a picture or description of the headstock. in one picture it looks like they put a veneer of the same mahogany wood from the body and oiled it too. on other picture it looks like a plain black headstock. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Good guitar, but odd neck profile and i could never get it to sound great. For me the neck profile was a bit too chunky so i had mine shaved down.

I also always thought it should have had a maple cap to make it a bit more lively.

Other than that, the offset dots were awesome, it looked good, and did play well. Sounded pretty good recorded too :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Old thread, but maybe I can give some infos.
I own a RGT 220 H SOL (end of 2005), it has centered dot inlays and mahogany body wings.

The Bubinga stripes are darker in the newer 220 models.
It is because these stripes are made of wenge, not bubinga.

nosiO said:
Can anybody give me a picture or description of the headstock. in one picture it looks like they put a veneer of the same mahogany wood from the body and oiled it too. on other picture it looks like a plain black headstock. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
The headstock veneer on mine seems to be made of dark rosewood.

7 Dying Trees said:
Good guitar, but odd neck profile and i could never get it to sound great. For me the neck profile was a bit too chunky so i had mine shaved down.
Neck profile on the 220 is Wizard : very thin (18mm ->20mm).

Veeery great guitar.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts