Ibanez JEM Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
That's what I'm saying. I think there wasn't one. I think it was just a bunch of individual handouts. Like the one for the Jem. I have a 1987 540 Pro handout that introduces the Saber, Radius, and Power. Then there's this 3-pager I have, and I also have a 2 pager for the Maxxas, although that could be from anywhere between '87 and '89. I vaguely remember hearing if from either Jim Donahue, or maybe Rich or someone that they didn't put out an '87 full line cat. If anyone knows of one lets have it!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Roadstar II Series

I bought my Roadstar II RG525 (midnight blue) in 1984-85 - H-H setup. It has to be my most reliable guitar. :mrgreen: Replaced the Pups with EMGs - amazing guitar. I don't have any of the info that it came with - :(

Not sure if this helped......

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there guy's,

I'm a newbie to the site but I love it. I was wondering if anyone could give me a bit of help. I bought an 1986 RG 525 off of **** and I'm really pleased with it, it's hard a bit of a hard life but a wonder to play.

I was wondering if someone could clarify what the control pots do exactly, I under stand that there are two volume pots (push to coil tap) and one tone but when both pickups are selected the two volume controls seem to both act as a master volume, turn one down it cuts out the output from both pickups. Is this correct or has some dodgey rewiring gone on hear.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the later as the seller described it as an RS instead of RG and said that these two volumes were bass and trebble boost pots. I think they were confused with the 85 model but I could be wrong.

I'd be gratefull for any info.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an RG525, original owner, unaltered. The behaviour of the knobs is as described by Metal_Man: the tone knob affects both pickups, and each pickup has its own volume knob, but in center (both) pickup position, it's the minimum of the volumes that is used (so if one volume is off, center position is also off).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey monster players! I was wondering what the difference with it the pole pickups vs the metal strip across the pickup you see on roadstars? My guitar player had a 440 back in the 80’s with stock pickups and that back humbucker got a monster lead and crunch tone.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts