Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang, I recently picked up a nice RT-150 which is a HSH config, I was wondering if anyone is sitting on a HSS pickguard theyd be willing to part with, preferably in white. I know and have had custom pg's made, I only want an original this time.

As far as I know no other series pick guard fit on these, not RG, RX or anything. If you know anything else for sure please tell me.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Wasn't it only the RT140 and RT240 that were HSS? I don't know where you are, but those models weren't sold in the US (we only got the 150, 450, and 650), so they are very rare over here.

I haven't found an RG pickguard that was a direct fit, although they're dang close. Like you, I've had several custom HSS RT pickguards made for projects and they turned out well. But yeah, not original...

Good luck -- I'll keep my eyes out!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wasn't it only the RT140 and RT240 that were HSS? I don't know where you are, but those models weren't sold in the US (we only got the 150, 450, and 650), so they are very rare over here.

I haven't found an RG pickguard that was a direct fit, although they're dang close. Like you, I've had several custom HSS RT pickguards made for projects and they turned out well. But yeah, not original...

Good luck -- I'll keep my eyes out!
yes I believe you are right. Ive had no luck. Thought gor a sec the new Gios could fit, but they're not the 24 fret flavour.

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Yeah, when I rebuilt an RT240 I ended up having to have a guard custom made for it as the original was long gone, and I wasn't keen on the original one anyway. I had black and white ones made to see which I preferred, went with black in the end. RT240 Rebuild

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.