Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Make to get an older model....I've had nothing but trouble from the ZR trem, culminating with the bar holder shearing totally the morning before a gig. Pkus, the pickups aren't the best. The older models, on the other hand, are superb from what I've seen. Hope this helps,

Dave

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you could, try to look for a mid 90's S540 guitars. They go cheap and I love mine to death. It has the lo pro edge on it also. I think I bought it for 500 bucks. I get praise from it from everyone who plays it to, lol.

Mine is a 540SFMTT made in 1992

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am buying one myself....have a buddy, that has a 2005 S470 and I played it for a couple of days....it is by far the 'best' I have played for any guitar under $1000, and a bargin for less than $500....

The best trem I have used, smooth, and stays in tune, great sound, the pickups may not be the best, but they do sound good.....now I am just deciding the color to order....I have too many black, may get the Ice blue, if I could see one in person...

·
Registered
96 Posts
AMS had a clearance sale on the Deep Violet Flat S470s and I picked one up for just $199 and it has to be the single best deal I've ever gotten on an instrument. After seeing two of the Quilted Top deluxes in person at a local shop I have been giving serious thought to picking one of those up as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.