Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

This is my first post and I hope sombody can help me out.

I live here in the UK and I’m looking at buying an Ibanez Guitar from my local music shop. The guitar is being sold for somebody else by the shop (the shop is making about £100 on the deal).

The guitar is in excellent condition & comes with a case but the asking price is around £650 to £700, which I feel is a little high even for here in the UK. The shop owner (who is a friend of mine) is not sure of the model but due to a little detective work done by myself I have established that it is an ‘Ibanez S540LTDDAB (Dark Adriatic Blue) – 1997’. Serial No. F9726609.

The question is do you think the guitar is worth that sort of money.

All the best to you all.

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
That sounds like an incredibly high price! Taking in to account UK prices I would have imagined that the guitar would be worth maybe 400-450 pounds.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought a prestige recently for only 349 USD with the case! it is a little bit thicker than the Sabre you are looking at but it plays well. I think a good price for the guitar is no more that 600 USD if you are getting the case and also the guitar is in excellent condition. I have several of these guitars. I like the thinner body and the output jack placement. They also have amazing tone, they vibrate very well, most have the Wizard II neck which is nice. Also make sure that you are getting a tremolo model (Floyd Type - LoPro or EDGE) the cheaper models also play well and most people pay way too much for them. In the end it is up to you do you like the guitar? Does it inspire you? If so pay the money and be happy, if you are interested, I can point you to some good places to look for this guitar if you are really looking to buy this particular model.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
If it was an 89-92 with a square heel it would be priced spot on! However being one of the last AANJ versions i wouldnt pay more than 500 for it,but this guitar ****s on any korean prestige version in the same price range! If you like the look and feel of the guitar buy it,no one ever regrets owning japanese sabers with THE original wizard neck,but aim for 500 quid max. In Australia these usually go up to 1500aud(750 pounds) for high end square heels,though the last one i bought i got for around 400 quid which i was very very happy with. No more than 500 mate for this,but either way you WILL LOVE IT! Dont base your desicion too much on the US Jemsiters though as they pay less for these as, luckily for them, there are alot of these over there and shipping is very reasonable,LUCKY BUGGERS!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts