Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, the last serious thread I found on this guitar was 2001. So rather than dredge that fossil up, I'm gonna start a new thread to ask my question!

Does anybody know, with any degree of authority, how many of the 6/12 double neck Sabers were produced? 20? 30? 500?

·
Registered
735 Posts
I figured someone on here wound up with it. I've been waiting for the NGD pics! I really thought about buying it even thought I have absoluely no business owning a double neck anything.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I've had one of each color of the ST540TN (white, black & CAR). I sold my last one (CAR) to Doug Doppler a couple of years ago. I think he may have another one as well. Aside from that, I've seen a white on for sale in Europe (about 2 years ago) and a CAR one at a Hard Rock...I think it was maybe in NYC? That one was signed by Vai, although I'm pretty sure he never actually gigged with it ;)

No idea on actual production numbers, but it's an Ibanez, therefore it's probably an impossible feat to get hard, accurate numbers.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I believe there was also a 6string/7string doubleneck S produced as well. (edit: might be wrong, went through the old catalogs and didn't find it... I was pretty sure there was one...)

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I believe there was also a 6string/7string doubleneck S produced as well.
Yup. The 6/7-string doubleneck was a "limited production" model about 5 years ago or so.
They came in black only. DrumCity/Guitarland in Wheatridge, CO still had one at Xmas, but they finally sold it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know from the information listed here (I did not add the URL as I am not sure that I can do so without it being blocked) that they only made 12 USA Instruments for 2006. I am not sure how many others were made. I can be emailed if you want other information. I am not an authority, but I read a lot from different sources in an attempt to sift through the bull$hit. I know the picture is not the best but I did download it so you guys could at least see the example.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I know from the information listed here (I did not add the URL as I am not sure that I can do so without it being blocked) that they only made 12 USA Instruments for 2006. I am not sure how many others were made. I can be emailed if you want other information. I am not an authority, but I read a lot from different sources in an attempt to sift through the bull$hit. I know the picture is not the best but I did download it so you guys could at least see the example.
Ummm...yeah. That's a 6/7-string limited-release that was done. There were more than (12) made though. Perhaps (12) were intended for US distribution, but that has no bearing on the actual production quantity.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ummm...yeah. That's a 6/7-string limited-release that was done. There were more than (12) made though. Perhaps (12) were intended for US distribution, but that has no bearing on the actual production quantity.
Thank you, as I mentioned I am no authority, I am just passionate about guitars. I remember seeing this and saying I wish I had one. I do know that this is available or was two weeks ago.

·
Banned
46 Posts
Ok, the last serious thread I found on this guitar was 2001. So rather than dredge that fossil up, I'm gonna start a new thread to ask my question!

Does anybody know, with any degree of authority, how many of the 6/12 double neck Sabers were produced? 20? 30? 500?
I've got one and I LOVE IT :grin:

I can also tell you with some authority that there were around 50 to 100 made. I know this because of 2 things.
1. Extensive internet research.
2. I work for Ishibashi in Tokyo and I have been good friends with one of the international sales managers at Hoshino for about 10 years. He recalls there was around 100 at the most.

Between his recollection & what I've seen talked about all over the place, 50 to 100 is the number I came up with.

Anyway, here's mine. I've put a Double Edge bridge on the 6 string of mine & 2 Piezo sensors under the bridge of the 12 string. It sounds amazing.

·
Registered
5,791 Posts
Sweet Jason! Love it! I've always been a huge fan of the 540S-TN. I looked for one for a long time but never have been able to find one. But I recently came across a NOS STW from 1999 and snapped it up.

I've seen pics of the 540S-TN in both BK and CA, which were the two colors offered in the US. Japan apparently had it in a white pearl of sorts, but I've never seen a picture of one. The person earlier in this thread who claims to have owned a white one elsewhere has said that he thinks it was repainted.

·
Banned
46 Posts
I've seen pics of the 540S-TN in both BK and CA, which were the two colors offered in the US. Japan apparently had it in a white pearl of sorts, but I've never seen a picture of one. The person earlier in this thread who claims to have owned a white one elsewhere has said that he thinks it was repainted.
Here you go!!!! :wink:
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100403215055/ibanez/images/9/95/540STN_CP.jpg

This is the original page. It's also a pretty good site too.
http://ibanez.wikia.com/wiki/540STN

1 - 17 of 17 Posts