Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello a couple of months ago i have bought the Ibanez S61AL i am really happy with the guitar its absolutely amazing in regards of features and look for the price but there is an issue that really bothers me.

I need a new 9v battery almost every week. I dont know why the battery drains so fast is it because of the fisherman pickups?

Will it help if keep the guitar unplugged from the amplifier?

Thanks for the tips

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello a couple of months ago i have bought the Ibanez S61AL i am really happy with the guitar its absolutely amazing in regards of features and look for the price but there is an issue that really bothers me.

I need a new 9v battery almost every week. I dont know why the battery drains so fast is it because of the fisherman pickups?

Will it help if keep the guitar unplugged from the amplifier?

Thanks for the tips
Hey there!

I got S61AL recently and it has the same issue — battery drain. Did you solve it?

·
Registered
9,335 Posts
You need to unplug the guitar when not in use, the output jack on your guitar uses a stereo jack, where the third prong acts as a power-on switch for the pickups. The other thing to remember is to use good quality batteries, like Duracells. My experience way back when with using EMGs was that they'd drain cheaper batteries super fast too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You need to unplug the guitar when not in use, the output jack on your guitar uses a stereo jack, where the third prong acts as a power-on switch for the pickups. The other thing to remember is to use good quality batteries, like Duracells. My experience way back when with using EMGs was that they'd drain cheaper batteries super fast too.
Thank you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts