Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my quest for an H-S or H-S-S Ibanez guitar I keep running into the SA series guitars. I'm not too familiar with them, though I know they range from cheap like an SA160 to more pricey Premium, Prestige, and even a Larry Mitchell signature J-Custom. Never been a fan of non-locking tremolos, so I've always blocked them or just avoided them and opted for a solid bridge even though lots of pro's use them with great success and stability. So I'm wondering... How are the various non-locking tremolos on the SA series guitars? I've seen them with Sat Pro, Sat Pro II, SynchroniZR, and T102 trems... Do they even make an SA with a solid bridge? How about an H-S model?

I'm kind of intrigued by them, as I really love my old vintage 540S (my main "go to" guitar) but could use a maple topped version with H-S or H-S-S. Maybe I'll try one sometime and see how they feel. Not sure of the quality of the different models either... but usually the price gives a good idea. Tired of waiting around for an RG3XXV or reasonable priced RG565 to show itself around my area!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Played recently a lot on a friend's SA2020FM as she was getting setup. It's HH, there're some HSS SA series guitars, but none has HS.

This guitar has a Sat Pro bridge. It has very smooth action, works nicely for divebombs, but for pull-ups this guitar could use locking tuners.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.