Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have an Ibanez SA560MB-ABT, which has some sort of tremelo (not sure what it is, but it's whatever is supplied as standard). Can I fit a Floyd Rose instead? I'm not really bothered which Floyd Rose, just a good basic model.

Many thanks,

blather

·
Registered
946 Posts
Anything is possible with enough mods. But from a quick look at a pic of that guitar, it appears that the trem post spacing (that is, the width between the posts) is standard two-post trem spacing (56mm-ish) rather than Floyd spacing (74.3mm). You should check the measurements to verify those distances. That means you'd have to remove the old anchors, fill the old holes, and then redrill in the correct location for a Floyd. Additionally, you'd need to reroute the trem cavity. Those are pretty extensive mods best done by someone with experience.

I would be very reluctant to undertake something like that on a guitar with such a beautiful figured top, but that's just MHO. Similar conversions have been done plenty of times.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.