Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone on here used Ibanez guitar strings before ?
Just wondered how they compare to the usual choices.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Wow, I didn’t know that they had their own brand of strings. Probably made by
someone else though. Some of the packaging on the multi sets looks like D’Addario. They make many sets for other brands.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I don't think they sell them in the US because they infringe on a US patent.

Honestly, there are much better strings than these IMHO.
I am quite certain you are right. I just wanted to find out how much their 7 string sets were, and if they were cheaper than EB sets, I might try a pack. There is not a lot of choices for 7 string sets. So I will keep on using Ernie Ball Cobalt 10-60.

I did get a half dozen sets of D’Addario XL’s in 9-56. The EB’s cost $14.99 and the D’Addarios were 7 or 8 bucks per set.

If I buy these by the case, I can get a discount. And if I use strings by mail, I get a 10% Veteran’s discount on my whole order. It usually pays for the shipping.

·
Registered
618 Posts
D'addario NYXL... I tried them once and I was hooked. Of all places... I was watching the morning news and D'addario was on CBS... They showed this rig they had with an Ibanez guitar that was continuously pushing the trem bar up and down. They said they made a string that takes the stress off a double locking system. They sound great and last super long.They just don't break. You'll get flat spots in the wound strings before they corrode too. They're expensive... But holy crap they are worth it. I never thought I would buy a $13 set of strings (6 string set that is...) on a regular basis but I am hooked lol. You can get a tripple pack for about $30 on Amazon.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I've used D'addario's for 15+ years and still can't give in to the NYXL hype. Everyone says the same, that they're truly great, and I do believe that. But $13 can buy me 3 sets of standard D'addario's and they have always worked great for me and never break. $13 for a pack of strings... **** I better get high or something as well for that price lol

·
Registered
263 Posts
I too use NYXL strings. I have used them for a while now and believe they are the best strings that I have ever tried. I have never broke a NYXL string and for me, they last longer than other strings.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Yeah they are expensive, but the hype is real. I regularly play 3 guitars in rotation so one set of strings on each guitar lasts me a while.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts