Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey you guys! Merry christmas everyone ;)

I just wanted to collect some ideas on my upcoming project. I'm planning on building a custom Universe 7 string (paintjob, electronics, etc.) from a kit I bought this summer.
I've managed to order some new DiMarzio Blaze ll pickups in white. I'm trying to get a solid sound out of it, even though it was kind of cheap... They'll arrive in about 2 weeks and I have to finish all the painting and the coating in this time. Everything else is nearly done, except for polishing the neck, but I guess I'll do that afterwards :)

The guitar is featured with golden hardware (Trem, locking system etc.) and a white pickguard... The reason why i chose this 7 string, is because I wasn't satysfied with the Ibanez Rg models, and there are no Universe models around where I live (Austria), not even on ebay... Also i liked the tree of life inlays on the neck, wich came along with the unpainted body!

So now for the questions: Should I go for a white finish ( UV77PWH) or a black one? What would you like better? Should I go for the traditional look, or somthing heavier (black painting)? I really don't know what to do, since I think that both paintjobs would look really decent :?
Thanks for answering, I appreciate it!

Have a nice time with your family and friends, and enjoy the holidays! :D

·
Registered
675 Posts
Go for the white...A vwh look, 7-string style would be pretty cool looking and I don't think many have done that...
No black...I think the world has enough black guitars...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts