Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy!

Here's one semi-rare Universe, that I'd be ready to part ways with.
It's a silver dot/all black Universe from 1997 (UV7SBK). Not that many were produced.

I'll review it quickly...

BAD:
- re-painted headstock -> had some wear and tear, so the previous owner decided to paint it again. The silkscreen logo is slightly off, but the headstock is clean and serial number was sanded off (all the Ibanez factory stamps show clearly, that it's an original silver dot - can be seen from the pics). Due to 'lack of quality control' only one hole for the trussrodcover is present, but it's enough (trussrodcover is in my possession and will be included in the deal)
- crack on the side of the trem (can be seen from the pics). It's purely cosmetical and has zero effect on tuning/stability - one can pull up and down as much as one desires
- broken handle on the case. Case is one for the Southern-Europe market, but the handle is broken and is replaced with leather imitation handle - case is otherwise sound, so it does it's job.

NEUTRAL:
- replaced tone pot -> actually an upgrade, but still non-original
- new tuners -> brand new Ibanez tuners. Old ones were really used, so they were swapped into new ones. Old ones are included in the deal!

GOOD:
- playabilty -> action is extremely low and no buzzing. This thing has been played and it's no wonder - effortless, easy bends and super smooth
- price/value -ratio -> eventhough the guitar is overall in good condition, due to the things mentioned above the price goes lower. But this plays as good or even better than any of the Universes I've had and my last one before this was an ATD Universe and this plays and sounds at least as good as the ATD.

This is one excellent guitar and it's been played, but been taken care of. It resonates and sounds excellent.

Pics can be viewed here -> http://goo.gl/3Wfe49

Price would be 640£/890€/975$ PayPal'd (includes PayPal fees, excluding shipping costs).

World wide shipping available (with some restrictions) -> drop a message and I'll find out, if shipping is possible!

Cheers!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guitar will stay on the market until the end of October.

Price drop ---> 850€/950USD/625£

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.