Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched around a lot and couldn't find anything that seemed to answer this question.

I have an Ibanez UV1000 case with a lock that's jammed. I definitely have the right combination but the lock doesn't open if I input it and press the button.

I've looked on ibanezrules and tried the steps thus: https://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/case_lock.htm. It's not that the combination is wrong or that I need to pick it - it's just the latch seems to be bent, expanded or something else. Not sure if the image will help understand this. Pushing down on the latch - gently heating it up or various other attempts do not yield results. Luckily there's no guitar inside it [it's on my guitar rack] but moving house soon so I'd like to get it working so I can put a guitar in it for the move!

When I first bought the guitar (second-hand a long time ago) the owner gave me the combination which initially didn't work. After lots of back and forths with him it randomly worked one time and the guitar was free. I assumed it was cold from transit or something and just needed to get into a warm house.

Anyone got any ideas of what to do here? It's the original case from a 90s Universe so ideally wouldn't like to break the lock but it's a bit of a liability anyway so it's not the end of the world if I do!

Office equipment Gadget Metal Cable Font

·
Registered
659 Posts
The hinged portion of the latch looks as if it is pulling out of its hole. I wonder if you push down on the lower half of the guitar case... Meaning the side that the hinge is not on, that way it is flush with the other half of the case and then try to pop the latch with the button. Is the guitar in the case right now?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts