Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a used Ibanez V300L, I was wondering if someone could help me figure out how to read the serial number/code: 81120595 T
On other forums I found out that 81 stands for built in 81, but I couldn't quite figure out what the T at the end or the rest of it means though.
Thankful for any input! JP

·
Registered
27 Posts
I did some research on this. As we all know, Ibanez serial numbering schemes vary wildly across the decades and between different types of guitars (not to mention idiosyncratic issues such as shifts in any pattern due to internal changes--and the further back in time you go, the harder it is to track down the details of various company and factory histories).

That said, it seems that acoustic serial numbers are in some ways even more difficult to decipher (especially for vintage models that predate mid-80s+ serial number conventions and corporate/factory reorganizations).

The best I have found is on this page here, which is one of the few novel discussions on the subject (most other forums/etc on this topic are mainly just regurgitating the same tidbits of information which is either largely irrelevant for pre-84 V300s, or just plain off-base period). This is still just speculation, but the most likely guess is that the T stands for Tendura factory.

Good luck on turning up more information...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did some research on this. As we all know, Ibanez serial numbering schemes vary wildly across the decades and between different types of guitars (not to mention idiosyncratic issues such as shifts in any pattern due to internal changes--and the further back in time you go, the harder it is to track down the details of various company and factory histories).

That said, it seems that acoustic serial numbers are in some ways even more difficult to decipher (especially for vintage models that predate mid-80s+ serial number conventions and corporate/factory reorganizations).

The best I have found is on this page here, which is one of the few novel discussions on the subject (most other forums/etc on this topic are mainly just regurgitating the same tidbits of information which is either largely irrelevant for pre-84 V300s, or just plain off-base period). This is still just speculation, but the most likely guess is that the T stands for Tendura factory.

Good luck on turning up more information...
Thanks so much! I'll have a look over there!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts