Ibanez JEM Forum banner
61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
AMS/Zzounds still have them on their site. 2 of the 3 colors are on back order.
I physically saw a Genesis model in a store only yesterday.

So to summarise...
Ibanez still has the Genesis line listed on their website (US & Europe)
Online stores still have them in stock
Physical stores still have them in stock
None of that matters, because Fowleri thought the whole line would probably be discontinued after 2021. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 · (Edited)
Wrong

this is what I posted. I said PROBABLY the whole genesis line will be discontinued. I said there was proof that Ibanez said the RG565 will be gone by 2022 and chances are, the rg550 may go with it. The thread title itself says probably in regards to the whole line.

Someone on the Ibanez facebook groups emailed Ibanez and they said they won’t carry the RG565 in 2022. Chances are the RG550 will be discontinued with it.
At the time, I couldn't find the screenshot, but months later I did

I posted the screenshot of this email and I was called delusional and that it could never be right, and yet I was right all along about the rg565, which is what Ibanez said in that email and it was true and these bullies who continue to stalk me here while the mods do absolutely nothing about it, are now silent.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Wrong

this is what I posted. I said PROBABLY the whole genesis line will be discontinued. I said there was proof that Ibanez said the RG565 will be gone by 2022 and chances are, the rg550 may go with it. The thread title itself says probably in regards to the whole line.

I posted the screenshot of this email and I was called delusional and that it could never be right, and yet I was right all along about the rg565, which is what Ibanez said in that email and it was true and these bullies who continue to stalk me here while the mods do absolutely nothing about it, are now silent.
Fowleri, what makes you think you are being bullied? If you make sensational claims, expect a little ribbing.

Please sight an incident where someone has abused you on this forum. On another forum I’m on, we are sarcastically making fun of each other all the time. Even a mildy on the autism spectrum MF like me gets it. And there are about 32 of us over there that do this.

Here, there are only about 15 or so regulars to engage with. So just take into account what you’ve done on other forums, and try to do here, and we all know. So, just try to toughen up a bit.

·
Administrator
7,570 Posts
Wrong

@Fowleri,

I don’t see any evidence of bullying here, what I see is one forum member, who has a less than stellar reputation (that’s you by the way), making unsubstantiated, meandering posts that veer away from the topic of their own thread title and then moaning when people don’t either believe or agree with the initial post (which may or may not actually be about the same thing as the title).

It’s not a big forum, there’s not a great deal of new threads or posts here on a daily basis, so it’s unlikely that people are stalking you, more like they’re just reading the handful of new posts that are made each day.

This forum is not a competition to see who’s right, it’s not a pub to build bragging rights in whilst you get drunk with your buddies every Friday night, cherry picking the truths you predicted and bending the narrative to suit.

If you don’t like the tone here, or the moderation style, you can always leave and find another form to settle on, maybe SSO? Or The Gear Page? Oh, wait…

·
Registered
186 Posts
So, what I said became true after all, yet all the people who called me delusional, that Ibanez would never reveal in an email their plans, etc

suddenly they vanished
Hey fowleri, the genesis line is still available.

Your title says they were dicontinuing it.

So, you were actually wrong.

If you want to go around gratuitously patting yourself on the back for "calling" that a limited production guitar like a 565 got pulled from the lineup, have at it.

The real world equivalent to that would be like saying the sun will set this evening.

Its ibanez, they discontinue and change stuff up all the time, seemingly for no reason.

the genesis line was created for this purpose. Limited edition reissues. Have you seen anything else besides reissues here?

If the 565 was regular production every year, and they sold 50 to 100 world wide, it would not be worth the cost of advertising, inventory, or production.
However, if you do a limited run, all the yoyos that want one, like you, will jump on them when available.

Its called economy of scale.

Ibanez is really good at it.

They killed the 570s, 770s, 550dx, etc. As well.

The 550 remains because it is so popular and iconic, especially now, when we are seeing a revival of shred guitars as of late.

I mean, they discontinued the rg655 for crying out loud! It was essentially a 550 with dimarzios.

Funny how they discontinued it right before the genesis line came out, huh?

Bragging that you were right, and calling others out only works when you are, in fact, right.

·
Registered
186 Posts
@Fowleri,

I don’t see any evidence of bullying here, what I see is one forum member, who has a less than stellar reputation (that’s you by the way), making unsubstantiated, meandering posts that veer away from the topic of their own thread title and then moaning when people don’t either believe or agree with the initial post (which may or may not actually be about the same thing as the title).

It’s not a big forum, there’s not a great deal of new threads or posts here on a daily basis, so it’s unlikely that people are stalking you, more like they’re just reading the handful of new posts that are made each day.

This forum is not a competition to see who’s right, it’s not a pub to build bragging rights in whilst you get drunk with your buddies every Friday night, cherry picking the truths you predicted and bending the narrative to suit.

If you don’t like the tone here, or the moderation style, you can always leave and find another form to settle on, maybe SSO? Or The Gear Page? Oh, wait…
Thank you Jono.

This is exactly the behavior that got him tossed everywhere else.

But, he adds something to the forums he is on.
If only to be a whipping boy to be abused whenever he pulls crap like this.

Not all of his content is mindless crap he sees on the internet and takes as gospel, just most of it.

He had a thread on the gear page about wall hangers, and how the drywall in his apartment was too thin to support wall hangers.

When i (with a lifetime of construction experience) told him that the standard for and apartment building is 1/2" with 5/8 fire code on party walls, and that thread in or winged anchors hold 50lbs a piece, he argued it, and continued the thread with why everybody's solutions would not work.

Bear in mind a guitar hangers use 2 to 3 screws per hanger.

I even suggested a wood 1x4 that he could anchor to the studs and screw the hangers to that, but apparently 12 50lb anchors (600 lb total) could not hold his vast collection of guitars. (Never mind that at 10lbs a piece, he could hang 6 guitars and still have a 10 fold fudge factor)

My take is this:

I always try to be helpful and pass along stuff i have learned throughout my journey. Sarcasm and silliness are mere tools in my forum toolbox.

If you cant say it to someone face to face, you shouldn't say it online. Simple

I also think about relevancy before i post. Does this add to the conversation? Do i dound like a dick? Does this come off as .........? Does anyone care about this? Will this post get me banned? Will this influence a potential hiring manager that does a search?

Forum life is not too hard to figure out.....for most.

See what i did there?

Common sense is not everyone's strong point.

See what i did there too?

Yes fowleri, i am referring to you. Please take it in turn, and truly listen to and understand what we are saying.
Be humble, admit when you are wrong or mistaken.

Thank others for their help and advice, instead of arguing with them and telling them why their advice will not work, especially to an expert on the subject.

And every thought in your head does not need to be online.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I mean, they discontinued the rg655 for crying out loud! It was essentially a 550 with dimarzios.

Funny how they discontinued it right before the genesis line came out, huh?
That was a disappointing move to me, as I think the RG655 has all the best features of the classic RG550 combined with the key specs that Prestige improved upon (AANJ, Prestige fret end treatment, 5-piece Super Wizard neck, front-mounted locking nut, DiMarzio pickups). Unless I'm mistaken, no basswood RG Prestiges are currently in production. Frets can be filed, but a tilt-joint is not something I'd be willing to settle for...so last year, when I decided I wanted to add a 'classic' looking RG to my collection, I got a used RG655.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Fowleri mate you respond to all my comments with "joke" and "laughing" faces as if to mock me when I disagree with you, so a bit of this goes both ways. It's all good though and I've been responding to your nonsense since the Ultimate guitar days when you were making posts about smelly guitars and getting banned. You make troll posts a lot, or stuff that is close enough to trolling and with that naturally will come a lot of flak your way.

Nobody has any ill will towards you, I think you're an entertaining part of the forum and you help keep it active. But if you're going to try to stir people up then you have to expect some sort of ribbing, especially when you spend a lot of time slagging off Steve Vai and making excuses about talent.

Edit : Anyway, the Genesis line wasn't discontinued and I think that's a good thing, the 550 is the popular one because of the price point, you can swap the pickups out to whatever you prefer then too and still have great value.

·
Registered
186 Posts
That was a disappointing move to me, as I think the RG655 has all the best features of the classic RG550 combined with the key specs that Prestige improved upon (AANJ, Prestige fret end treatment, 5-piece Super Wizard neck, front-mounted locking nut, DiMarzio pickups). Unless I'm mistaken, no basswood RG Prestiges are currently in production. Frets can be filed, but a tilt-joint is not something I'd be willing to settle for...so last year, when I decided I wanted to add a 'classic' looking RG to my collection, I got a used RG655.
Holy crap! I did not notice the no basswood thing!

Is all meranti, nyatoh, ash, sapele (african mahogany), and poplar.

Freakin' POPLAR!!!!!!!

And no basswood?

This may not be a bad thing, as the mahogany RGs sound great in comparison.

Lol on fowleri getting banned at ultimate guitar!! I never knew that was possible. The only place that was less ban happy than that den of snakes was the old harmony central forums before guitar center or whomever took it over and ruined it.

Oh, and...........

Yep.

The genesis line is STIILL available!!!!!

:cool:

·
Registered
1,199 Posts

Freakin' POPLAR!!!!!!!

And no basswood?

Lol on fowleri getting banned at ultimate guitar!! I never knew that was possible. The only place that was less ban happy than that den of snakes was the old harmony central forums before guitar center or whomever took it over and ruined it.

Oh, and...........

Yep.

The RG550 should be basswood. AMS/Zzounds have the body wood listed as basswood in the description on their website. Same on Ibanez’ site.

·
Registered
233 Posts

Freakin' POPLAR!!!!!!!

And no basswood?

Oh, and...........

Yep.

Meranti, nyatoh and poplar are only used on the cheaper lines though right?

I have nothing against RGs made from "african mahogany" (I own one and love it), but it's not going to have the same classic RG550 tone as basswood...if that's what someone is after.

You've reminded me about something else that put me off getting a Genesis - I like rosewood fretboards and initially assumed that's what the RG550DX had, but then realised it was granidillo. I've never actually tried it, but from a purely aesthetic view they just don't work for me - too orange. It looks as out of place to me as if pine was used in place of maple haha!

EDIT:
This JEM is a prime example of why substituting rosewood for jatoba doesn't look right. It just looks wrong!

·
Registered
233 Posts
The RG550 should be basswood. AMS/Zzounds have the body wood listed as basswood in the description on their website. Same on Ibanez’ site.
It definitely is basswood. ;)

My point (which gclef may have misunderstood) is that the Genesis RG550 is now the only Japanese basswood RG in production...and unfortunately that has pre-Prestige specs that I wouldn't be happy with.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I do know that the 550 is the only basswood one. I meant the whole prestige line, which was a shocker.

Then i checked the lower line and saw the same.

I agree on the specs of the 550 too.

If i had my way, there would be a higher end rg with an aanj and a wizard 3 profile.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I do know that the 550 is the only basswood one. I meant the whole prestige line, which was a shocker.

Then i checked the lower line and saw the same.

I agree on the specs of the 550 too.

If i had my way, there would be a higher end rg with an aanj and a wizard 3 profile.
If I really had my way, there would be a prestige RG with a neck-thru Super Wizard. 🤤

61 - 80 of 85 Posts