Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
if there are.... how are they...?

how's the 8270 btw?

i was supposed to get a 8670 but the deal went sour... :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
There is the 2820 too, a limited edition RG made before NAMM 03 or 04 (can't remember), there are pics on ibanezregister.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,008 Posts
thre is some acoustic i saw the other day that had the vine, besides the euphoria model. It was just like a regular dreadnought style i think.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
522 Posts
pr0cyon said:
There is the 2820 too, a limited edition RG made before NAMM 03 or 04 (can't remember), there are pics on ibanezregister.com
Yes, the rg2820 has the new custom wine, but it also has a 42 mm nut, which makes it very close to the JPM neck feel.
It does also have the three way JPM pickup selector.
Go for that guitar, if you can find one, it's delicious.

Tony
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
tony777 said:
Yes, the rg2820 has the new custom wine, but it also has a 42 mm nut, which makes it very close to the JPM neck feel.
It does also have the three way JPM pickup selector.
Go for that guitar, if you can find one, it's delicious.

Tony
Yeah, it's a sweet guitar. They had one at my local music shop, and I wanted it so bad, but didn't have the money for it then :(

But I got myself a 2720 instead, so I'm happy :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,056 Posts
nightfiend14 said:
thre is some acoustic i saw the other day that had the vine, besides the euphoria model. It was just like a regular dreadnought style i think.
Ibanez made acoustics in the 70's that they used the vine on, that's probably what you saw. Most people make the misconception that Vai started the vine, but it's so not true. It's the same pattern that is used on Jems, Ibanez just started it years before Vai ever touched a Ibanez.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,923 Posts
There actually a cheap Ibanez acoustic (about $400 Canadian) that has a vine inlay on it(model is AEL40SE. Not a bad acoustic, but probably wouldn't sell too well without the vine inlay.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
313 Posts
wow! i think it's a double-neck Musician MC500 which i posted at the beginnig of this thread. really cool look, and even case is very cool! :D
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top