Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there. I just replaced the Powersound bridge pickup in my RG370DX with an IBZUSA F2 humbucker. The P-sound is a 2 conductor and the F2 is a 4 conductor. I followed the wiring diagrams from Dimarzio that said solder the black and white together and put them on the 5-way switch where the PS's white wire was, put the red wire where the red wire was and put the bare and green wire to ground. This thing sounds like a single coil! I tried doing the reverse-phase thing (switching red and green), which didn't work. I tried hooking up only the white and not the black. That didn't work either. I'm at a loss because I did everything correctly according to the diagram. If I wanted a strat, I'd have bought one! lol

Any suggestions??
Thanks

SKot

·
Registered
473 Posts
The red wire is the main hot lead. Solder that to your main. The black and the white is for series wiring and coil tapping. If you don't want that option, tape their ends off. The bare and the green are for ground.

The F2 is quite an upgrade from the Powersound!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice, Doink. I ended up experimenting and swapped where I put the black/white and red wires and it worked. I figured a red wire would go where a red wire went, but evidently that wasn't the case...no wonder I could never get this pickup to sound good in any of my guitars...I was trying to use logic! That'll teach me :)

Thanks!
SKot

1 - 3 of 3 Posts