Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I am considering purchasing a new guitar at a local shop here. It is a 3 year old 3120 prestige model. It is very similar to this guitar listed on evilbay with the auction number being: 7374970629

The only difference is the one at the shop is red instead of blue like the one in the auction. My main question is, the guitar im considering has the older lo-pro edge tremelo (like the one pictured in the auction) and I wonder how you guys feel this tremolo compares to the newer tremolo on current prestige models.

The guitar is for sale at 800 w/o a case, but it has a 2 small dings in the back of the body, otherwise it is brand new. Any thoughts?

Thanks =)

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Lo-pro.

My made has an edge pro, i don't like the feel of it, it seems to stick into my hand and it doesn't flutter as well as my lo-pro.

If it ain't broke don't fix it, although Ibanez didn't have a choice and had to introduce a new bridge, but oh well.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I'm used to the Lo-Pro myself, but I don't have any problems with the Edge Pro. (I'll just never install strings with the ball ends still on ever again).

Two dings on the back ain't going to kill ya. If you're going to really play on a guitar you'll end up dinging the $#!T out of it yourself anyway.

$800 for a RG3120 ain't bad.

·
Registered
124 Posts
All these talk about the Edge Pro being inferior is ridiculous. With the exception of the locking studs, the Edge Pro, Edge, and Lo-Pro Edge are equal.

Hell, I would even go as far as saying Edge Pro being the superior one overall due to the streamlined design.

Mine flutters perfectly fine and even without the locking studs, it is extremely stable and solid. Of course it will be even better with the studs but I can live without it.

As for durability, even with three years of abuse (gigs, recording, jamming, the constant tinkering) the knife edges haven't shown a single sign of being worn.

·
Registered
197 Posts
i have played the edge pro.and i liked it too..........i also have the original edge...

the locking studs are nice.....but the studs have tension on them...so it seems to me it would be hard for them to turn on there own?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.