Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all:

I have an idea to customize my Ibanez Rg321mh... Basic: Schaller locking tuners, Graph nut, new electronics and the bridge. I love the fixed bridge (in fact i will buy another one rg321) but i like it the tremolo system too, but not much like Floyd Rose system. Looking for some tremolo, i find a Schaller vintage tremolo, but searching in the forum and the web, i have´t found opinions or reviews. somebody has some opinion or experience with this tremolo?. From already thanks to all opinions and experience. Best regards. Bye.

Schaller tremolo link

"Guitarras & Lutheria en Chile"

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
trem=routing. that's alot of work for a $300 axe. granted, i like a strat type trem occasionally, but for a the $100+ for routing...not really worth it. if you have the cash for an rg321mh, but want a non-floyd strat type trem, get the sa120. overall same type specs as the rg321, with a sat trem, and sa body. 22 frets vs. 24, but will save you the headaches involved with modding the rg321.

rich

·
Registered
450 Posts
I like RG321 precisely for the fixed bridge so I'd keep it as the only viable Ibanez option atm is PGM301. If you want a trem guitar, there are a lot better options that already have it.

My RG321 is customized just with Gotoh fixed bridge and tuners plus ToneZone/AirNorton pups. With work included that effectively doubled the price of the guitar ;)

If I only had any use for this guitar with PGM90HAM and PGM500CA that I prefer over it... I just wanted a guitar with decent parts, easy use of fixed bridge and body that doesn't mind a few scratches every now and then.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.