Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Ibanez that I've had for over 20 years. I got it in jr high before I realized I have zero musical ability. I'd like to see it go to someone who'll enjoy it but I can't find anything about its value. The only number on it anywhere is Z04 at the base of the neck. It appears to possibly be a lawsuit-era guitar and may have some value. There simply isn't any info on the web about it. I don't need to get top dollar for it I just don't want to get taken to the cleaners. I've included a couple pictures. Any help you can provide would be awesome.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
I thought this was the place to get Ibanez info. I got more info from a firearms forum I posted on.
:lol: That is funny. I have seen 1 lawsuit era Ibanez Les Paul copy and it was for sale in a store for around $900. It sold pretty fast. Your guitar looks to be an SG copy with a single P-90 pickup. Information on older guitars really depends on how well the company documented things, which they did not do very well for a surprisingly long time. (Many companies, not just Ibanez) What did the gun folks say?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought this was the place to get Ibanez info. I got more info from a firearms forum I posted on.
That is funny. I have seen 1 lawsuit era Ibanez Les Paul copy and it was for sale in a store for around $900. It sold pretty fast. Your guitar looks to be an SG copy with a single P-90 pickup. Information on older guitars really depends on how well the company documented things, which they did not do very well for a surprisingly long time. (Many companies, not just Ibanez) What did the gun folks say?
They said about the same thing so far. Not likely a lawsuit era despite the lack of model or serial numbers. The consensus over there was a value of around $400. I'll poke around more of the mid 70s catalogs and see if I can find one that matches. From there I should be able to get a decent idea of value.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.