Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there,
I have decided to buy a cell phone after using nokia 3310 since its release day. I have been looking to phones and can't make up my mind on which one to get.
the options are;
Nokia 6230i - My father got it and I really like it. Can be used as a mp3 player. comes with 32 mb mmc. 1.3 mp camera

Nokia N90 - Truly a great phone. 2 mp camera, carl zeiss optics, 64 mb mmc included. What scares me is the size. I have not been able to get the phone in my hands, just the pictures from the net.

Sony Ericcsson W800 - This seems like a freaking beatiful thing. 2 mp camera, 512 mb mmc included etc... The thing with this one is I have never used this brand. I have always been a nokia user and I think they are the best phones in the market. I have looked at my friends' T610 and the like and did not like them much. I know this one's a higher end one but I really need a comfortable keyboard for writin messages. My 3310 has the best keyboard I have come across to and my father's 6230i has a decent keyboard as well. sony ericcsons' keyboards always felt a little sloppy to me. I cannot make my mind on this. If I can't find N90 this would be the choice but for the reasons I wrote I doubt this one a little.

My father will get me the phone and I'll probably be at school at the time so I can't check them out then and there. The only one I have had experience with is 6230i. Please write your opinions on these 3 phones. Or if you have other phones that you would recommend, you're welcome as well. I'm afraid I'm a little anal about nokia and seem to not like the other brands a lot.

Btw, the pictures taken with the W800 are better than those taken with N90. I have read the reviews at. www.gsmarena.com and they hold both phones in high esteem but they favor W800. Truly it takes greater pictures. I'm not a photgrapher and I know that I won't use the camera that much but I want to get the best while I can. Pictures taken with 6230i are sufficient for me for that matter. And I'll have to spend a little for mmc if I go with nokia (which will probably the case)

Thanks in advance my dear fellow jemsiters :)

Love from Turkey,

Can

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well here's what I told my father...
I told him to get the N90 if he can find it, if not the W800i. If he can't find neither he'll get the 6230i. And if he buys the W800i and I don't like it that much I can always take his 6230i and give him the W800i... :)
I think W800i is just a great phone, though. It's just that I have never used a sony ericsson

·
Registered
7,559 Posts
Wis Redz of Silvanost said:
well here's what I told my father...
I told him to get the N90 if he can find it, if not the W800i. If he can't find neither he'll get the 6230i. And if he buys the W800i and I don't like it that much I can always take his 6230i and give him the W800i... :)
I think W800i is just a great phone, though. It's just that I have never used a sony ericsson
Those who uses the nokia normally will stick to nokia alone only... I know cos many of my friends uses nokia and when they uses other brand they are like hmmm....... not very nice ... so get the nokia :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Simple: n6230!

but get yourself a memory upgrade (not from nokia...) so you can acutally put some mp3s on there. I have 512MB in mine (40EUR), that's enough, but you may want to go for 1GB or 2GB.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well I bought a w800i. We have a nokia 6230i at home so I decided on this one. And from all the reviews I have read this is the best phone on the market... The keyboard is really nice and I have no problem about any specifications of the phone. today I have realized another thing. Nokia is selling their names, they still manifacture some great phones but they are overpriced. I bought this one for neraly 700 USD.(Turkey :( ) 6230i goes for nearly the same price and this phone is definitely the better.

I found a problem though. When I looked at the calls list I found 3 numbers called before me that I do not know of. And the 512 mb memory stick was installed on the phone and there were some mp3s installed on the card. The thing is that the phone was opened before my eyes... Anyway I called where I got it and told them of the issue and they promised me to change it with a new one tomorrow... :)

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well I have used nokia all my life until now. You see sony ericsson does decent phones with higher technologie and they are cheaper. I'm not talking bad about nokia though. sony is just a little more fun. It has everything I could ask for. 2 mp camera (and this one's camera is plainly the best in the market, I don't give a damn about N90, I have seen pictures taken by that one as well), 512 mb mp3 player, and a decent phone!

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
I've heard complaints from a number of Nokia users regarding their newer efforts. I went to a Sony Ericsson K500i and love it. A number of friends just picked up the K750I (pretty much a W800i) and it's fantastic. I say go the Sony Ericsson.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I had Nokia's all my life untill i got a sony ericsson. Now I don't want a nokia, they are very good phones and have good quickly adaptable to menus. Go for the better phone, not brand loyalty, as Nokias seem to have gone downhill a bit recently...

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
That's interesting.

I have had a motorola e1000 for a while now, and I can't wait to get rid of it and go back to Nokia. Apart from the fact that it keeps hooking up to the internet when you don't want it to, the battery life is worse than my first mobile (which was an analogue nokia, that was the size of a brick). The really annoying thing is the charger (and this is the same on some Sony Ericcson) connector is very temperamental. Sometimes you have to wiggle it, and then put something underneath it to make it work. Bearing in mind that the battery power is sooooo c**p that you have to charge it at least every 48 hours of standby, and everyday if you are making alot of calls, you have to mess around with this problem alot.

My advice is go for something that has a simple charger jack. Sad I know but that is age for you.

Saying that, I got some great pics and vids of my stag night with that phone.

·
JEM Winner #1
834 Posts
Get either of the Nokias :).

I had a sony last year and it was nothing but trouble, it had some nice features, but still wasnt great when used as a "phone"(as opposed to an mp3 player or camera). While nokia have mastered the phone part, and the extras are pretty good too :).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.