Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my birthday is coming up, and im going to be getting some over ear headphones. The two that i am looking at are the shure srh440, and sennheiser hd280 models. What im looking for is headphones that are quite sound proof, i dont like to hear outside noise when im listening to music. id like them to work well in a studio application, and for use with my ipod. I have read places the the srh440 doesn't have a ton of bass, would anyone be able to confirm that? One thing about the srh440's is that the cable is replaceable, the ear cups are too. So which one do you think would be better?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the Sony suggestion bamm, I'll look into those. I think the hd435's are open? If so that's a no for me. But can anyone tell me what the main differences between the srh440 and hd280 are? Thanks

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
best pair I ever owned are Yamaha RH-5Ma's. They were only 50 bucks but got great reviews. Awesome studio quality and good for everyday use with !pods or anything else. Mine have lasted 3-4 yrs so far and still kickin.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dude.....BEATS!!!! why have these not been mentioned yet? They are far superior than any other over ear headphones
Beats are way out of my price range. Besides, I took a shot and got the shire srh440's, love them. Very flat response, they block out a lot if outside noise. I think I will review them soon

·
Registered
816 Posts
Can't go wrong with Audio Technica M50's. They have become the standard for tracking in studios. Look em up and you will find outstanding reviews all around. They are like having a pair of studio monitors strapped to your head.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts